Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just dropped my Oscar off at Rock and Roller to get fixed and serviced.

I'm hoping for the best, and will in the mean time have to operate the mokka and aeropress.

The only 2 machines on that list I would rate highly is the Gaggia and Rancilio - and that is as a "starter" machine.

I am enjoying my Rancilio set up (Silvia & Rocky), but am already looking up the ladder at a Heat Exchange machine.

This waiting for the boiler to generate a decent head of steam is for the birds. I am far too impatient!

But it does make a good cup of coffee  :thumbup:

Edited by splat

I am enjoying my Rancilio set up (Silvia & Rocky), but am already looking up the ladder at a Heat Exchange machine.

This waiting for the boiler to generate a decent head of steam is for the birds. I am far too impatient!

But I does make a good cup of coffee  :thumbup:

You might as well bite the bullet and go bike - double boiler time.... Expobar make some that are not massively more expensive than a hx machine.

https://onlinecoffeeshop.co.za/shop/espresso-coffee-machines/espresso-coffee-machines-commercial-espresso-coffee-machine-1-group/prosumer-espresso-coffee-machines/crem-expobar-office-lever-brewtus-p-i-d-dual-boiler-domestic-espresso-coffee-machine/

But seeing as you have a Silvia... why not the new one... a double boiler...

https://www.home-barista.com/espresso-machines/rancilio-silvia-pro-dual-boiler-pid-espresso-machine-t61126.html

But This one I think is one of the best value machines around - and is a bit of a dragon - huge steam power - which is ALWAYS a good thing.

https://capecoffeebeans.co.za/collections/commercial-espresso-equipment/products/rancilio-classe-5-s-commercial-espresso-machine?variant=6929947918383

Edited by V12man

Recently acquired a new grinder for the business, we've always split duty between my Mazzer Super Jolly and an Expobar ODG... 

We went with an Anfim Super Caimano on demand.. 

let me tell you much more of an even distribution you get in a portafilter from something like this!! 

75mm burrs, super quiet, nice and even! 

64.jpg

You might as well bite the bullet and go bike - double boiler time.... Expobar make some that are not massively more expensive than a hx machine.

https://onlinecoffeeshop.co.za/shop/espresso-coffee-machines/espresso-coffee-machines-commercial-espresso-coffee-machine-1-group/prosumer-espresso-coffee-machines/crem-expobar-office-lever-brewtus-p-i-d-dual-boiler-domestic-espresso-coffee-machine/

But seeing as you have a Silvia... why not the new one... a double boiler...

https://www.home-barista.com/espresso-machines/rancilio-silvia-pro-dual-boiler-pid-espresso-machine-t61126.html

But This one I think is one of the best value machines around - and is a bit of a dragon - huge steam power - which is ALWAYS a good thing.

https://capecoffeebeans.co.za/collections/commercial-espresso-equipment/products/rancilio-classe-5-s-commercial-espresso-machine?variant=6929947918383

That double boiler Silvia looks awesome! Might just be the perfect upgrade for my current Silvia.

That double boiler Silvia looks awesome! Might just be the perfect upgrade for my current Silvia.

With luck, my wife wouldn't notice 

Like getting a new bike: You're good, as long as it's the same colour  :whistling:

Doesn't seem to be available here yet (just as well...  :blush: )

With luck, my wife wouldn't notice

Like getting a new bike: You're good, as long as it's the same colour :whistling:

Doesn't seem to be available here yet (just as well... :blush: )

Haha mine won't notice the new machine, but she will notice the +/-15k hole in my wallet.

It does look nice - but I would personally have a close look at the Classe S5 - its a great machine - friend of mine has one and he is very happy indeed - even though I am an LM fan... that machine ticks a LOT of boxes at the price.

Does anyone have any experience with a Power Surge hitting a Mythos X1 OT Bean to cup machine by any tiny small chance...

A power surge hit our road :(

The insurance appointed electronics company declared the machine dead and max payout is R5k per item :(

But they said they will return the machine to me.

Would it be worth having the coffee machine expert - e.g. Nexus have the machine checked out.

Besides Nexus - anyone closer who could assess it -  I'm Fairland based.

Don't they have a fuse?!

Thanks - dankie - ngiyabonga!

Nerds beans are amazing...

I'll second that - will definitely buy more when available in Cape Town again.

Does anyone have any experience with a Power Surge hitting a Mythos X1 OT Bean to cup machine by any tiny small chance...

The insurance appointed electronics company declared the machine dead and max payout is R5k per item :(

Would it be worth having the coffee machine expert - e.g. Nexus have the machine checked out.

Don't they have a fuse?!

I think it would be worth taking it passed Equipment Cafe just off Malibongwe! 

If anything they would be best suited to pointing the direction youd need to go! 

Besides Nexus - anyone closer who could assess it - I'm Fairland based.

Don't they have a fuse?!

I have had a Siemens B2C machine hit before- 1800 odd to fix at Siemens - worth asking the supplier for a quote.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't they have a fuse?!

Nexus sorted this out very smoothly at a reasonable price - the surge had fried most of the electronics!!

Got the machine back just in time!!