Coffee machine

Thanks for the advice, onlinecoffeeshop.co.za has been good with their communication. After some discussions about what I want vs need. They recommend this Lelit MaraX and are willing to put together a nice bundle with a grinder and few extras.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20200722-132150_Chrome.jpg

A fair bit more expensive but still comes in cheaper than the Rocket Appartmento (wow this is a good looking machine though).

Looks good!

Post some pics when you have it set up at home.

Keen to hear what you think of it when it's up and running.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone used the Niche grinder at all? Significantly better looking than anything else for one thing, and seems to be very popular with the youtubers/instagrammers.

https://www.nichecoffee.co.uk/

I've seen some very positive reviews.

James Hoffman also spoke very highly of it. Looks like a good home option with very little grinds retention. Nice small footprint as well.

Thanks for the advice, onlinecoffeeshop.co.za has been good with their communication. After some discussions about what I want vs need. They recommend this Lelit MaraX and are willing to put together a nice bundle with a grinder and few extras.

Screenshot_20200722-132150_Chrome.jpg

A fair bit more expensive but still comes in cheaper than the Rocket Appartmento (wow this is a good looking machine though).

Bought the lelit bianca last year from them. Lelit is a great brand and entrenching their name over the last while. The Mara x is also at a great price range comparitively. Get the best grinder you can afford, Niche (worth the wait) or if u want something a bit more affordable look at the Eureka mignon specialata (Cape Cofee) Edited by Muzee

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20200722-132150_Chrome.jpg

Mind sharing the deal they put together

The MaraX and a Lelit grinder with a milk jug, mat and knock box for 30k. I have, however, decided to rather go for a better grinder as per Muzee's suggestion.

Lucky you, please post some pictures of your amazing setup when it arrives

The MaraX and a Lelit grinder with a milk jug, mat and knock box for 30k. I have, however, decided to rather go for a better grinder as per Muzee's suggestion.

sounds good.

are you going with the Niche?

sounds good.

are you going with the Niche?

No unfortunately not, it looks stunning, getting the Eureka Specialita. I have completely blown my budget by just getting the MaraX.

Sounds great!

Please post pics

(You will need another jug)

New shower screen and gasket installed. Group head backwash done. Machine is like new.

The portafilter actually locks in place correctly now. First time since buying the machine. Original gasket must have been too thick.

New shower screen and gasket installed. Group head backwash done. Machine is like new.

The portafilter actually locks in place correctly now. First time since buying the machine. Original gasket must have been too thick.

Do you get this indentation?

9546_img_0978.jpg?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=5c

Edited by splat

Do you get this indentation?

9546_img_0978.jpg?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=5c

Good old flat one.

I need to play a bit with my grinder. I think it’s set too fine because with a medium pressure tamp the machine draws a very slow shot without much crema.