Coffee machine

So my minipresso on special at Makro ended up being only the case for R395.

When something is too good to be true its usually because you never read the ad properly!!!

So now I am on the hunt for an Aeropress Go. Besides the usual places like Yuppiechef, where else can I find one?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When something is too good to be true its usually because you never read the ad properly!!!

So now I am on the hunt for an Aeropress Go. Besides the usual places like Yuppiechef, where else can I find one?

Only slightly cheaper than YuppieChef:

https://capecoffeebeans.co.za/products/aeropress-go-coffee-maker?variant=31386132152454

Is the case good quality?

I know it may be a long shot...

I have a Severin Conical Burr grinder that has handled every bean I throw at it for a couple of years. It suddenly stopped to extract the beans from the burrs. The motor turns but you can hear it is straining. I cleaned it, made sure the extraction chute is clear, but still no luck.

There may be a bean stuck somewhere, but I can't figure out how to open the grinder up. 

Any clues?

It is far out of it's warranty and I have no idea who works on these and if it is even worth the cost.

Thanks in advance!

https://capecoffeebeans.co.za/collections/coffee-grinders/products/severin-conical-burr-electric-coffee-grinder?gclid=CjwKCAjwqML6BRAHEiwAdquMnVFYgScg9_oAxR1ExIiwWuqWU82q7Ry0M5vybQhW3u35nKfea4RPsBoCRBYQAvD_BwE

Edited by gerriemtb

I know it may be a long shot...

I have a Severin Conical Burr grinder that has handled every bean I throw at it for a couple of years. It suddenly stopped to extract the beans from the burrs. The motor turns but you can hear it is straining. I cleaned it, made sure the extraction chute is clear, but still no luck.

There may be a bean stuck somewhere, but I can't figure out how to open the grinder up. 

Any clues?

It is far out of it's warranty and I have no idea who works on these and if it is even worth the cost.

Thanks in advance!

https://capecoffeebeans.co.za/collections/coffee-grinders/products/severin-conical-burr-electric-coffee-grinder?gclid=CjwKCAjwqML6BRAHEiwAdquMnVFYgScg9_oAxR1ExIiwWuqWU82q7Ry0M5vybQhW3u35nKfea4RPsBoCRBYQAvD_BwE

Is that the exact model? 

I think I have one in like new condition somewhere that let the smoke out! 

If I can find it you can have it for spares!

Is that the exact model? 

I think I have one in like new condition somewhere that let the smoke out! 

If I can find it you can have it for spares!

Thanks a lot @the nerd!

Yes, that is the exact model. 

My biggest issue is trying to figure out how to open it up.

That way I can see if it is an easy fix or if the motor is toast. 

Does anyone have a recommendation for online/courier fresh roast beans supplier in Gauteng?

Not sure if anyone recommended Royal Coffee Roasters in Greenstone.

R60/250g - free delivery for orders over R400.

I'm really enjoying their Indonesia Sumatra beans at the moment but they have a wide range

I'm really enjoying their Indonesia Sumatra beans at the moment but they have a wide range

They have just moved to Alberton, Still selling online as well

They have just moved to Alberton, Still selling online as well

Are they the guys that are/were at stoneridge outside spar?

Are they the guys that are/were at stoneridge outside spar?

Yes that is them, they are in Meyersdal Square now

Edited by hillel

Yes that is them, they are in Meyersdal Square now

Ah ok. I haven't been down that side of the centre for a while. Why did they move? The coffee shop was always pretty popular it seemed. Glad they still open and that it wasn't another small business death by lockdown.