Coffee machine

Is anyone using a wifi plug / smart switch to control their machines (that take a while to warmup)?

Looking for options 

I use a Sonoff Pow R2(15A) device with a phone app.

It has a timer so switches on and off at set times and I can switch it on or off remotely.

pow-r2-04_2.jpg

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking for one for my machine at the shop...

Nothing so far!

Yup, I don't know where you'll find one to handle that machine, I can't find one above 10amp max...

I use a Sonoff Pow R2(15A) device with a phone app.

It has a timer so switches on and off at set times and I can switch it on or off remotely.

pow-r2-04_2.jpg

So did you take the plug off your machine then?

I was hoping for a female plug option.

But I've also got a POW2 on my pool pump.

Make a "pig tail" sonoff to female plug! 

Is anyone using a wifi plug / smart switch to control their machines (that take a while to warmup)?

Looking for options 

There are a ton of locally available ones running on the Tuya platform.

You can set schedules or just remotely turn it on/off using the app.

They generally cost around R300 - R500 each.

Most should work, I doubt the machine is going to be pulling more than 12 amps, but if it does then a Sonoff POW R2 will work fine being rated at 16 amp, it also has the benefit of having a built in power meter.

Just chop off the end of a multi-plug and attach it like that, that way the whole multi-plug can be automated and you can plug whatever you like into it.

I have a POW R2 on a short extension cable, I use it to monitor power consumption of various devices.

post-4822-0-70005500-1602575080_thumb.jpg

I have flashed mine with Tasmota to make it easier to integrate into my home automation platform.

Struggling with the search function, so apologies if this is a repeated question.

I need a service done on a Delonghi Primadonna machine in Pretoria. Any suggestions please?

• 2 weeks later...

I had to wait for stock from Italy, but it has finally arrived - Mara-X. Thanks for all the advice, coffee-hubbers ????

I only have a hand grinder, so I rushed out to get 250g of freshly ground beans from my local roaster. I even managed to make a decent espresso today. ????

Good sales experience from onlinecoffeshop.co.za Next step is a grinder

post-154-0-53123200-1603606172_thumb.jpg

Edited by Christie

I had to wait for stock from Italy, but it has finally arrived - Mara-X. Thanks for all the advice, coffee-hubbers ????

I only have a hand grinder, so I rushed out to get 250g of freshly ground beans from my local roaster. I even managed to make a decent espresso today. ????

Looks amazing, congrats

So, my grinder finally arrived from SA, so took the opportunity to sample some of James Hoffman's finest.

Maybe not the best idea to dial in a (very, very, very clean, cleaned for emigration) grinder with these beans, but its in the ballpark now, only minor tweaks needed.

Can highly recommend Square Mile's Sweetshop blend.

post-1186-0-89815800-1603622999_thumb.jpg

I had to wait for stock from Italy, but it has finally arrived - Mara-X. Thanks for all the advice, coffee-hubbers

I only have a hand grinder, so I rushed out to get 250g of freshly ground beans from my local roaster. I even managed to make a decent espresso today.

Great looking machine!! 

Enjoy it!

So, my grinder finally arrived from SA, so took the opportunity to sample some of James Hoffman's finest.

Maybe not the best idea to dial in a (very, very, very clean, cleaned for emigration) grinder with these beans, but its in the ballpark now, only minor tweaks needed.

Can highly recommend Square Mile's Sweetshop blend.

R1000 per kg?

I had to wait for stock from Italy, but it has finally arrived - Mara-X. Thanks for all the advice, coffee-hubbers

I only have a hand grinder, so I rushed out to get 250g of freshly ground beans from my local roaster. I even managed to make a decent espresso today.

drop me a DM if you are looking for a grinder