Coffee machine

I know i'm taking a long shot here, but I am looking for a replacement portafilter for my Breville cafe venezia (Bes250), in particular the little insert, as well as the tool, and a 50mm tamper. I tried @home,who sells Breville, but no luck/no stock, so I am trying my luck, maybe someone has a broken machine with parts‍♂

Saw a whole machine like that at Cash Convertors camaro crossing for under R1000...  Might be worth checking might be a bargain and spares for ever! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know where I can buy coffee seeds in Joburg so that I can make my own trees. Its just the normal bean in its skin before it gets roasted if im correct.

As far as I know, Gauteng is not really suitable for growing coffee.  Its been done very successfully in the Low Feld (Sabie) and other places more to the north.

Also as I understand its not an easy thing to cultivate, but why not give it a shot.  Unroasted beans are the seeds.  You should be able to order unroasted beans from somewhere.

Have a look at this:

https://www.coffeemagazine.co.za/blog/1/5635/a-history-of-south-african-coffee-farming

Edited by Theog

I'm not sure you could plant an unroasted bean and grow from there.

If you want to try let me know and I'll happily give you a few green beans.

If anyone is in the market I have 2 machines for sale in boxes.

Breville Barista Touch ( as new used for 4 months ) R14500

Nespresso Creatista Plus ( in box used for 6 months ) R4500

post-36034-0-06213400-1605355546_thumb.jpeg

post-36034-0-50269600-1605355565_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Blinkp

Does that link work? Link to instagram, some coffee Machines at Daytona that look like engines.

If you go back a few hundred or more pages, you’ll see one similar was posted for V12’s attention.

Looking for freshly roasted beans in Gauteng? Found a Roastery/supplier near me, turns out that one of the guys is in our morning runner's group. Awesome setup, "Coffee excellence" is the name of the Roastery

Looking for freshly roasted beans in Gauteng? Found a Roastery/supplier near me, turns out that one of the guys is in our morning runner's group. Awesome setup, "Coffee excellence" is the name of the Roastery

Send The Nerd a PM

unfortunately, the time has come for me to part with my pride and joy. Didn't know if I should add this to the classifieds or not. I am selling my Simonelli Aurelia Competizione and my Mahlkonig K30 grinder. They are a matching set. WBC London edition. I am looking for 45k for machine and 15k for the grinder. Please message me if you guys are interested or know of anyone that is. Thanks very much!

post-70551-0-96087000-1606151060_thumb.jpg

post-70551-0-89766600-1606151067_thumb.jpg

post-70551-0-62130800-1606151073_thumb.jpg

So yesterday I had to strip and deep clean our Delonghi Prima Donna machine after a colleague decided to use Frisco in the ground coffee compartment.
Holy moly, what a mess!!!!