Coffee machine

Nice to see the Nerd's shop being well attended this morning. He is expanding with some food on offer as well.

Coffee of course is top notch as ever. 

If you are in JHB, go to Fingers crossed and support a hubbber with some great coffee on offer!!!!

Do it!!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally getting the barista express dialed in. 18g of beans to around 40g of espresso, extracted in around 24s.

Many beans later, I know how espresso should not taste...

Interesting hobby this. PS. My latte art is stil way below par.

haha yeah also took me quite a while to get it sorted. into my 3rd week now and have much better tasting coffee

Another question: What is the best way to ensure coffee is served hot? After frothing and pouring the milk, my cappuccinos are not very hot. I fill the cups with boiling water before use and discard the water before pulling the espresso, so the cups are hot.

Another question: What is the best way to ensure coffee is served hot? After frothing and pouring the milk, my cappuccinos are not very hot. I fill the cups with boiling water before use and discard the water before pulling the espresso, so the cups are hot.

I let the machine warm up for 10 minutes or so, place the cups on the top to stay warm and leave the portafilter in to also warm up.

Turn up the temperature on your machine. The standard temperature of the shot on the Breville’s isn’t hot enough, I had the same issue. Milk also needs to be heated up to the right temperature. Don’t compare your coffee to a cafe, they often burn the milk or make it too hot.

My training this year has been almost Zero.

Spending money on anything bike related would be a expensive coat hanger.

From childhood have always wanted a Seaco bean-to-cup machine, but seems they are no longer popular.

Is the R7k premium to buy Jura E8  over a Mythos X1 2.0 worth it?

The Mythos makes better tasting coffee, Imo - it comes closer in taste to a manual machine.

In terms of durability, I can vouch for Jura - the machine at work and the one we had for many years at home just keeps on going.

I would suggest that you take some fresh beans to a showroom and taste before you buy if possible. Or rent for a week and compare.

Edited by Christie

The Mythos makes better tasting coffee, Imo - it comes closer in taste to a manual machine.

In terms of durability, I can vouch for Jura - the machine at work and the one we had for many years at home just keeps on going.

I would suggest that you take some fresh beans to a showroom and taste before you buy if possible. Or rent for a week and compare.

Christie thank you for your reply and valuable inputs.

Great coffee one tick to Mythos.

Longevity one tick to Jura.

The drawback of the platteland living, no showrooms.

Turn up the temperature on your machine. The standard temperature of the shot on the Breville’s isn’t hot enough, I had the same issue. Milk also needs to be heated up to the right temperature. Don’t compare your coffee to a cafe, they often burn the milk or make it too hot.

Thanks, I will start by increasing machine temp with 2 degrees C. I stop steaming the milk when the pitcher is too hot to touch comfortably.

Does anyone know of a place that sells ACME cups (at a better price than Yuppiechef or Truth coffee)?
I would like to get 2 latte cups - the cappuccino ones I have are sometimes a tad small.

Does anyone know of a place that sells ACME cups (at a better price than Yuppiechef or Truth coffee)?

I would like to get 2 latte cups - the cappuccino ones I have are sometimes a tad small.

V12 and I have been looking for ages. The only way would be to get someone to buy in NZ and ship! Otherwise group buy?

I have the tulips which are tiny but I enjoy cortados so they work for me.

V12 and I have been looking for ages. The only way would be to get someone to buy in NZ and ship! Otherwise group buy?

I have the tulips which are tiny but I enjoy cortados so they work for me.

www.acmecups.eu

Not sure if they ship to SA though