Coffee machine

Howzit guys

Some input from those with knowledge of the Oscar V1 would be appreciated. 

Seems that once the pump is activated, there is water leaking somewhere, which then accumulates below the removable drip tray. 

When the machine was on but unused, there was no such water present, soon as I used it this morning same thing again. I used to turn the machine on to use it and then turn it off again, but it started to the trip the power when the pump activated for a few seconds while brewing. I started to leave the machine on and dry up the water after each brew, which seems to have stopped the power tripping issue at least. 

However near the end of the extraction the pump is also starting to make a different sound I'm not used to now, hard to describe, almost like it's pumping and stopping and so on, instead of one long pump during extraction if that makes sense. 

Machine is about 6 years old and has been in to 9bar for some other issues before like steam leaks, last was about 5 to 6 months ago. 

Any idea what the issue may be or how I can check/troubleshoot it? Keeping in mind I'm not a very mechanically minded person :) 

Thanks in advance!

WW.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Howzit guys

Some input from those with knowledge of the Oscar V1 would be appreciated.

Seems that once the pump is activated, there is water leaking somewhere, which then accumulates below the removable drip tray.

When the machine was on but unused, there was no such water present, soon as I used it this morning same thing again. I used to turn the machine on to use it and then turn it off again, but it started to the trip the power when the pump activated for a few seconds while brewing. I started to leave the machine on and dry up the water after each brew, which seems to have stopped the power tripping issue at least.

However near the end of the extraction the pump is also starting to make a different sound I'm not used to now, hard to describe, almost like it's pumping and stopping and so on, instead of one long pump during extraction if that makes sense.

Machine is about 6 years old and has been in to 9bar for some other issues before like steam leaks, last was about 5 to 6 months ago.

Any idea what the issue may be or how I can check/troubleshoot it? Keeping in mind I'm not a very mechanically minded person :)

Thanks in advance!

WW.

Have a look here

https://www.elektros.it/it/en/tips_tricks.html

Otherwise if you not up to opening it. Depending where you are they can check it out.

My old 80's style Gaggia Coffee is very tired, boiler to steam valve keeps blowing seals as the corrosion on the boiler is pretty bad after all these years. Been sitting idle since last week, then couldn't believe my luck when a bare bones but  frame but still with an absolute mint boiler and internals pops up on Gumtree! R350 later, my Gaggia Coffee is getting a heart transplant and now becomes a full blown Gaggia Classic, finally with solenoid valves and steam switch. Very happy camper!

post-27175-0-57936200-1614756220_thumb.jpeg

My old 80's style Gaggia Coffee is very tired, boiler to steam valve keeps blowing seals as the corrosion on the boiler is pretty bad after all these years. Been sitting idle since last week, then couldn't believe my luck when a bare bones but frame but still with an absolute mint boiler and internals pops up on Gumtree! R350 later, my Gaggia Coffee is getting a heart transplant and now becomes a full blown Gaggia Classic, finally with solenoid valves and steam switch. Very happy camper!

When can I come for coffee?

Anyone have and old 58mm porta filter, with bust up handle etc? Want to try my hand at wood turning and make a custom handle, maybe even a naked porta filter

When can I come for coffee?

Was your cup of coffee that broke the last one  :devil:

Anyone know of any JHB (West/North) shops that have food grade lubricant?

For use after cleaning an E61 group

Anyone know of any JHB (West/North) shops that have food grade lubricant?

For use after cleaning an E61 group

I will send you WhatsApp, I got from equipment Cafe last time.

I'm looking to buy a coffee making machine but don't know much about them.Could anyone please give me some advice on brands and what I should look out for in terms of their offering.

Ideally I want a "foamer" included and obviously one that can change the strength of the coffee.

My budget would be around R2500.

Nespresso and get the little generic capsules. Lots of different flavours!!

Anyone know where to get Breville spares from? 

You unfortunately have to deal with @home as they hold the rights to the brand in SA. They can be and sometimes are helpful

Anyone know where to get Breville spares from? 

Couldnt find spares myself,so i had mine repaired at coffee2u in pta.