Coffee machine

All that work for a blade grinder? I'm disappointed.

I also wondered about that when the video came out.

Diresta is normally into practical things, but it was really just a veiled advertisement for their coffee.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need advice please. I think my Jura xf50 needs a service. Last few weeks the consistency of the water temp seems hit and miss. Some days the coffee is luke warm and others it's still not that hot. Also the 2 outlets are not letting the same amount of coffee out. I Googled that and they said just stick a needle up there. It works but not long and the one side starts slowing again.

So should I attempt opening and servicing myself or just take it in. There are 4 oval screws on the back that you can buy a tool to remove but I can easily make something in 10 min for that.

Anyone here opened a Jura before? Any surprises inside?

Just from some random sites it just seems I need to clean and replace some o rings. But I want to open to see why the water isn't heating up properly.

My new setup. Had a budget, almost pulled the trigger on a machine and the seller decided to sell it to his friend instead, so back to square one. Then this popped up, at a pretty good deal and couldn’t turn it down. Budget got blown out the window, but we don’t share that with the other half.

post-109482-0-19120600-1620477014_thumb.jpeg

My new setup. Had a budget, almost pulled the trigger on a machine and the seller decided to sell it to his friend instead, so back to square one. Then this popped up, at a pretty good deal and couldn’t turn it down. Budget got blown out the window, but we don’t share that with the other half.

Beautiful set up  :drool:  :wub: 

What beans do you have in the grinder ?

very nice! Lekker set up Indeed. Enjoy!

Can you share the details of where this “deal” popped up☺️?

That’s the dream home setup for me. Enjoy!

Can you share the details of where this “deal” popped up[emoji3526]?

Fb marketplace. Had my eye on that one too, but cash is tied atm. [emoji17]

Can you share the details of where this “deal” popped up☺️?

I've shared the details in a PM.

There's an Apartmento with the same grinder available still ;-)

Edited by BikeisLife

That would be my dream machine!

My Bean2Cup machine went into for a (major) service involving a number of replacement parts, in November/December. Has to go back tomorrow for warranty claim on the repairs done.

My feelers are out for an alternative solution; possibly later this year. With zero budget, it’s going to be fun finding something for the long term.

Quick question:

How often would you recommend to descale your Bean to Cup machine in Joburg (I have a Mythos) and which mixture would you recommend that can easily be purchased and is affordable - thanks!!

I've been using the Dezcal descaler sachets (28 grams) which I mix in the water container before activating the Descale option on my machine.

It's been a while - howsit all :)

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone using the Delonghi EC685? Looking for a cheap manual machine for my office.

https://www.delonghi.com/en-za/products/coffee/coffee-makers/pump-espresso/dedica-style-pump-espresso-black-ec685bk-0132106219

1 hour ago, Mudsimus said:

Did anyone buy from www.onlinecoffeeshop.co.za before?

Have an order from them being delivered today. Got sent a tracking number 20 minutes after I ordered, and that was close to 5pm.