Coffee machine

1 hour ago, Boyracer said:

Any quick thoughts on the Jura E6 by the connoisseurs here - able to pick one up for a good price, and looking for a combination of good consistent coffee and convenience. Thanks. 

I have an XF50 and I think the E6 is essentially a newer version. I looked at it when I bought mine. It is 1 touch as far as I can remember so you don't need to move the mug if doing drinks with milk in, whereas with mine I have to do the milk on the side and then move the mug to the center for the coffee. As far as bean to cup goes I am happy with my jura, it works as advertised. You are still able to do some adjusting like water temp, amount of water per shot and grams of beans it grinds so you can at least customize a little bit to a degree. I have also always had good service from the agents.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Boyracer said:

Any quick thoughts on the Jura E6 by the connoisseurs here - able to pick one up for a good price, and looking for a combination of good consistent coffee and convenience. Thanks. 

great coffee and convenience doesn't normally go hand in hand.  However, the Jura machines are probably the closest you'll get to great coffee in a bean-to-cup setup. It is consistent and these machines lasts. So if convenience and consistency is your thing, you cannot go wrong with a Jura.   Dont expect the same quality tho as you'll get form a cafe quality manual or semi-auto machine. different league all together.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

I’m in the market for an automatic coffee machine, just for home use. Budget range is about 10k. Any thoughts on the Siemens?

FC9BB859-6357-437A-BE58-64C1044134D6.png

Sorry dont know this one.  I have a Delonghi Magnifica Pronto, in the same price range, very happy with it.

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

Sorry dont know this one.  I have a Delonghi Magnifica Pronto, in the same price range, very happy with it.

yes they look very similar indeed! you say it works 100's for home use? at the moment im using a manual espresso machine with a separate grinder, it works fine, but SARS smiled on me and I'm thinking "why not..."

4 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

yes they look very similar indeed! you say it works 100's for home use? at the moment im using a manual espresso machine with a separate grinder, it works fine, but SARS smiled on me and I'm thinking "why not..."

Yes 100 cement for home use, I use mine everyday, I'm a bit of a addict.  Its about 8 years old still going strong.  Had it serviced a month ago for the first time.

On 6/28/2021 at 9:35 AM, Long Wheel Base said:

That was me last week, I know how you feel. Except I didn't do the nespresso thing, Just went dry for a week.

a bad few months of sales has seen me not even having nespresso, I'm scraping by on instant Douge Egberts (or however they spell that)

24 minutes ago, ouzo said:

a bad few months of sales has seen me not even having nespresso, I'm scraping by on instant Douge Egberts (or however they spell that)

I call it "Dowe Egbert".  Hope that doesn't offend anyone ...

10 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I call it "Dowe Egbert".  Hope that doesn't offend anyone ...

As long as you don't want to stand in a queue to kiss Egbert you should be fine

2 hours ago, gemmerbal said:

I’m in the market for an automatic coffee machine, just for home use. Budget range is about 10k. Any thoughts on the Siemens?

FC9BB859-6357-437A-BE58-64C1044134D6.png

I cannot comment on this model but we have a Siemens Surpresso S40 that is more than 10 years old and it is still going strong. I therefore would not hesitate to buy a Siemens again. 

I have to add that we do not use the frother. 

On 6/8/2021 at 6:03 PM, Alouette3 said:

Great service from www.onlinecoffeeshop.co.za

Now just to perfect the bottomless portafilter filter shot

IMG_20210602_140649.jpg

Where has the bottomless been all my life. 

My Rancilio is finally drawing a rich and dark shot. I’m thinking my basket on the normal portafilter is shot. I can’t get a good shot. 

2 hours ago, TheoG said:

Yes 100 cement for home use, I use mine everyday, I'm a bit of a addict.  Its about 8 years old still going strong.  Had it serviced a month ago for the first time.

My el-cheapo espresso machine is working hard, going through 1kg of Bootlegger beans every 3 to 4 weeks…

1 hour ago, Rolf Hansen said:

I cannot comment on this model but we have a Siemens Surpresso S40 that is more than 10 years old and it is still going strong. I therefore would not hesitate to buy a Siemens again. 

I have to add that we do not use the frother. 

Awesome thanks! Was curious as to Siemens’ reputation in coffee circles, you have given me some peace of mind, many thanks!

I know filter drip coffee inst exactly for the purists. But I like the process as it makes a whole jug in one go. I splashed out on one of these Technivrom MoccaMaster's as the price was really good at I was already shopping around. I can confirm it is worth it. It makes the best repeatable filter coffee that I have ever tasted using freshly ground beans.

Capture.JPG