Coffee machine

7 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

If ever there was a place to share that know how, this would be it ????

Do you maybe also have some "know how" in making the thing grind without the collection hopper in place? 

Assuming you have a Krups burr grinder. I recall the Krups and Dulit use the same main burr grinder mechanism its based on a Bodum burr grinder.  If that is the case have I look at this forum:

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/topic/7753-modifying-dualit-75015-to-achieve-a-finer-grind/

I did the mod to my Dulit and it works like a charm.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, warick_wrx said:

Assuming you have a Krups burr grinder. I recall the Krups and Dulit use the same main burr grinder mechanism its based on a Bodum burr grinder.  If that is the case have I look at this forum:

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/topic/7753-modifying-dualit-75015-to-achieve-a-finer-grind/

I did the mod to my Dulit and it works like a charm.

Stay tuned for the next episode of Pimp my Grinder! ????

I need a repair done on a Rancilio grinder and also a good service on the coffee machine itself. 

Who works on these in Centurion?

If you have no coffee kit, grinder etc, and don't really want the hassle of falling down the rabbit hole of the endless search for the perfect espresso, then the Breville machine is the way to go. 

I have a Gaggia Classic and old MDF grinder and super happy with it. But must admit I've been quite impressed when I have used the Breville machines friends have. As a package it's well set out, with grinder and a tamper etc included and stored in the machine with a magnet. Definitely more customisable then a bean to cup, which I feel always sacrifices quality for convenience. (Maybe it's just those rubbish 1kg Woolies beans that every bean to cup machine seems to run!)

11 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

If ever there was a place to share that know how, this would be it ????

Do you maybe also have some "know how" in making the thing grind without the collection hopper in place? 

How good are you with a soldering iron?

I had to open our Krups grinder to fix the button that broke off. I saw that it has two switches, one for the beans hopper cover and another for the grounds basket. Those wires can be joined together to leave the switch permanently open. 

That is what I would do if I had to use it with a portafilter. 

But mine gets used solely for aeropress and bialetti coffees, so it suits the job as is. 

Very happy with my barista express as well. Bought a demo model for R5k last year. Best money ever spent.

Machine is consistent, but bean age/quality makes a huge difference in extraction times. Fresh beans for the win! Those 1kg woolies beans are to be avoided…

3 hours ago, W@nted said:

...snip...

bean age/quality makes a huge difference in extraction times. Fresh beans for the win! Those 1kg woolies beans are to be avoided…

I think that is the starting point for any good cup of coffee.
The best equipment and barista in the world cannot compensate for stale beans

5 hours ago, W@nted said:

Fresh beans for the win! Those 1kg woolies beans are to be avoided…

Unless you live in Tweebuffelsmeteenskootmorsdoodgeskietfontein and couriers can't find you, there is no reason to drink 1kg bags of old coffee. 

Freshly roasted for the win. 

I mean even the bustling metropolis of Gans Baai has two very good coffee roasters. 

Currently switching between Green bean coffee beans ( close to my house, and on my cycle route) and Fingers Crossed’s beans ( whatever they have roasted in the shop) I cant really decide on a favourite. 
I too have have decided that although convenient in an emergency, I will not resort to the woolworths beans again. 

For anyone else perusing this thread, that is also not in the machine buying boat, I have been more than satisfied with my manual grinder, and Mokka pot. I’m not a consumer of milk, thus a simple black americano is my go-to.

Biggest “game changers” for me was getting the manual grinder, and consuming small batches of fresh beans. 

HI guys, 

I have a Delonghi ECAM23.210W Bean to cup machine for sale. its still in perfect condition but could do with a service. if anyone is interested please drop me a PM. The colour is silver not white as in the picture. 

ECAM23.jpg

Edited by ScottC-M

Awaiting delivery of some Mikro breweries coffee beans to my village. Read some great reviews so far. Any hubbers have some feedback on them?

2 minutes ago, Underachiever said:

Anyone using the Aeropress system?  Thoughts?

Lots of us. Makes a great cupper and is my go to when traveling, paired with a Hario grinder.

3 minutes ago, Alouette3 said:

Lots of us. Makes a great cupper and is my go to when traveling, paired with a Hario grinder.

The AreopressGo is talking to me for a birthday pressie.  Nice and neat.  Just seems small to fill a mug to the required volume.