Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

Can always use espresso cups and then decant 

Can also remove the drip tray. I think changing to a bottomless portafilter will also add some clearance. But it would be nice if it wasn't necessary out of the box. 

1 hour ago, Mountain Bru said:

https://www.onedayonly.co.za/products/new-classic-pro-home-coffee-machine

image.png.1a794451c154a6474c42ebe69ec4e9bb.png

Did some reading... Seems the maximum cup height is quite low (7cm). I think that's a deal breaker for me, but it's a decent price for the machine if anyone is interested in one. 

So... this or this?

Details:

Included in this deal is:

- Mr Shades PID and guide

- Low profile drip tray (so that bigger cups can be used), and the original tray

- Precision IMS filter basket

- Original filter baskets

- Blind filter basket (for cleaning)

image.png.461de2fd32b1990c2f09aea8c29f6f59.png

Older model and he wants R8200

On 8/16/2021 at 11:10 PM, Meezo said:

Got a new mate for my machine, will play around with tomorrow... It's been a long day

IMG_20210816_230931.jpg

yes please do share, im seriously considering getting this, wife has been moaning about the size of the casadio so this thingy is amazing and right size too

4 hours ago, avatar said:

yes please do share, im seriously considering getting this, wife has been moaning about the size of the casadio so this thingy is amazing and right size too

So far so good.

Don't think I have the weight calibrated, how currently set it for 18g and get's about 2-3g within. 

Could never quite understandable the importance of grind consistency until i got this. 

It's a bit loud, but 18g is about 6-7 seconds you're done.

Another amazing thing is the portafilter holder. 

I always had my eye on the mignon specialiti and the 270wi, i got lucky with this one on gumtree.

5 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

Guessing you're still loving this guy?

Ja can’t complain. Took a while to finetune all the settings but now its working great. Uses a lot of water though, constantly cleaning itself when it shuts down but thats ok i guess. Got these nice double walled glasses to provide some visual appeal when enjoying my latte/cappucino/flat white. Oh and im going through beans at a rate of knotts…

0EF1E041-8C25-46F0-9F64-38C05F823F62.jpeg

Edited by gemmerbal

19 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

https://www.onedayonly.co.za/products/new-classic-pro-home-coffee-machine

image.png.1a794451c154a6474c42ebe69ec4e9bb.png

Did some reading... Seems the maximum cup height is quite low (7cm). I think that's a deal breaker for me, but it's a decent price for the machine if anyone is interested in one. 

Normal retail on onlinecoffeshop is R6999, but they sell out very quickly. You also get a lower drip tray.

My biggest gripe with these is that they run at quite high pressures, around 12bar. 

9 hours ago, Mudsimus said:

Normal retail on onlinecoffeshop is R6999, but they sell out very quickly. You also get a lower drip tray.

My biggest gripe with these is that they run at quite high pressures, around 12bar. 

Pretty easy to swap to the 9 bar spring. Seems to be the first mod everyone does

On 9/13/2021 at 2:41 PM, m-squared said:

So... this or this?

Details:

Included in this deal is:

- Mr Shades PID and guide

- Low profile drip tray (so that bigger cups can be used), and the original tray

- Precision IMS filter basket

- Original filter baskets

- Blind filter basket (for cleaning)

image.png.461de2fd32b1990c2f09aea8c29f6f59.png

Older model and he wants R8200

Some nice mods he's got on that machine, also the Silvia steam wand. The older machine does have a couple things they have moved away from with the newer model, if memory serves me correctly the solenoid valve is one thing.

I'm very happy with my Classic, but that price is a bit steep, especially second hand, even if it does have a PID. With that money you could pick up a used Simonelli Oscar rather.

On 9/13/2021 at 7:33 PM, gemmerbal said:

Ja can’t complain. Took a while to finetune all the settings but now its working great. Uses a lot of water though, constantly cleaning itself when it shuts down but thats ok i guess. Got these nice double walled glasses to provide some visual appeal when enjoying my latte/cappucino/flat white. Oh and im going through beans at a rate of knotts…

0EF1E041-8C25-46F0-9F64-38C05F823F62.jpeg

What is your milk to coffee ration setting on? I am sill finding my feet with this one and double shot makes a good cuppa but the remainder of bean strength is so weak in taste.

4 hours ago, TCTG said:

What is your milk to coffee ration setting on? I am sill finding my feet with this one and double shot makes a good cuppa but the remainder of bean strength is so weak in taste.

I make the milk percentage as low as possible on every beverage. Sometimes i just gooi a double espresso in before i pick whatever it is im after, just to get some balance you know ????

the “doubleshot strong +” is supposed to be more aromatic, that is my standard setting.

you have the same machine? What are your thoughts? Remember to adjust the grind setting and water temp, if you haven’t already. 

Edited by gemmerbal

11 hours ago, gemmerbal said:

I make the milk percentage as low as possible on every beverage. Sometimes i just gooi a double espresso in before i pick whatever it is im after, just to get some balance you know ????

the “doubleshot strong +” is supposed to be more aromatic, that is my standard setting.

you have the same machine? What are your thoughts? Remember to adjust the grind setting and water temp, if you haven’t already. 

Thanks for the response. I have the EQ.6 plus s 500.  Going through beans like crazy...family of 5 uses it, we on nearly 1000 coffee and 900 milk mixes already (not even a year old). When you say the coffee:milk ratio is at its lowest, provide an example? Also I do not see any grind setting and water temp setting. I have coffee temp setting which is at Max.