What has your bike cost you in terms of Rands per km.

funjunkie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop bitching and just work it out. I'm at R5.50, but that wll change as soon as I convince myself how much I really need that carbon 29'er...

Stop bitching and just work it out.

The bitching's going to start when the cost per km is revealed for sure, best to let sleeping bucks lie...

Lol this reminds me of the statement that one day I am going to die and my wife's going to sell all my toys for what I told her I paid for them!!

My mrs is my accountant too so I can't get away with anything but it works well.

My cheap roadbike running at R1.33 per km extra cost are 3 sets of tyres and a front derailer and a set of cables,cheap bike and cheap to run [raleigh rc 2000]no brake downs in 4 years except punctures

My cheap mountain bike: R39/km

My cheap steel road bike: R1.5/km

My expensive carbon road bike: R6/km

My car: R1.5/km

SS: R1.5

Road: R1.2

MTB: R2

The road bike is from the 80's, would be interesting to see what it has done over its whole life... I bought it second-hand.

I bought a Titan Comp for lifting my son around.

It cost R8,000 (with extras)

I have done 104km on it.

R76.92 per km

Just out of interest, what has your bike cost you thus far in terms of Rands per km. Its one thing buying an expensive bike, but you are only going to get value for your money if you use it.

I will start off:

I bought my current bike second hand for R7000 and have ridden 2000 km on it. That makes the cost thus far R3.50/km.

I have not included services and race fees etc just to try to keep things simple.

but if you sold it tomorrow for seven grand it won't have cost you a cent.you can't ignore current value if you want to compare across the board

My bike just clicked over to 20k km. So that equates to less than R1 per km, including all the money spent on it, kit included over the past two years.

The good news is that I do a lot of km per annum, so I can buy an expensive bike next time round and will still work out quite cheap. Nice.