[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

A huge thanks to Charl du Plessis for giving me a bomb, tube and tyre leavers. Next time i'll be better prepared. Please Charl if you read this, pm me your details.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The girlies feathering their brakes on the descents - was awesome. Think I made a few guys soil their pants when I came motoring by :D

One of the chicks screamed at me to be careful when I went past on the steepish descent before the Hells queue. I was equally polite and told her that it would be easier if she let her brakes go a little. Didn't look back to see if she appreciated the advice, lol

Was I in the only group/couple of guys that got to a dead end in the single-tracks in the 42? We saw the track below, went there and got going, only to find were going in the wrong direction. Added value for money! ;)

Enjoyed my day out there, it was fun!

Happend to me as well! I just climbed over the fallen tree and continued.

I saw a lot of people falling before the race (LOL), trying to enter Bloemhofs hockey fields down in the corner close to PRG's rugby field.. :clap:

I just like the way you say things Alec...lol

No seriously, I'm doing like 50 down the gravel section then suddenly there's this drainage ditch , no warning. I hopped but too early and landed with my back wheel on the far edge it bucked me over onto the front wheel . I was doing an endo for about 20m.

who were the photographers for the event?

According to race website, Action Photo... But I don't see anything on the Action Photo site yet which is unusual...

As far as I can remember, that's pretty normal for Action Photo: they took 2 weeks to get the Argus photos online.

As far as I can remember, that's pretty normal for Action Photo: they took 2 weeks to get the Argus photos online.

Argus 50 000

Burger 5000 or less dunno

How was that rut at the beginning, I almost saw my gat.

the one on the fast downhill? and just after that a sharp right hander? I loved it! (punctured my tube on the bump too)

who were the photographers for the event?

Die Burger FB link says Wednesday at the latest

Was I in the only group/couple of guys that got to a dead end in the single-tracks in the 42? We saw the track below, went there and got going, only to find were going in the wrong direction. Added value for money! ;)

Enjoyed my day out there, it was fun!

You were not alone! It was a bit random, as that section was pretty cool. :thumbup:

Happend to me as well! I just climbed over the fallen tree and continued.

I was following some guys and we just turned left. As we walked over the fallen tree we noticed the route marker arrow through the trees pointing in the direction we were heading. Was a jol though!

Argus 50 000

Burger 5000 or less dunno

ActionPhoto hasn't even uploaded the photos from Knysna...

ActionPhoto hasn't even uploaded the photos from Knysna...

They have, you're just not looking hard enough...