replacing the LED on your Centauri 1000

twakkies

Can someone tell me how to replace the LED on my Cantauri 1000 rechargeable light as i have no idea how to access the LED? The light went dead on my ride while the battery is fully charged, i assume the LED must have gone.

i assume the LED must have gone.

That's probably not the correct assumption.

any suggestions what the problem may be?

Dunno, but by design, LED's burn for longer than you will be alive. So I'd check everything else first.

Dunno, but by design, LED's burn for longer than you will be alive. So I'd check everything else first.

thanks,

99% it's a loose connection in the supply somewhere. SMD LEDs don't just blow, unless they're horrible quality, and Cygolite uses Cree if I'm not mistaken...

PM Thysmeades on the hub, he's in PE and knows his stuff.

99% it's a loose connection in the supply somewhere. SMD LEDs don't just blow, unless they're horrible quality, and Cygolite uses Cree if I'm not mistaken...

Eggzackery.

Can someone tell me how to replace the LED on my Cantauri 1000 rechargeable light as i have no idea how to access the LED? The light went dead on my ride while the battery is fully charged, i assume the LED must have gone.

Twakkies don't try and open the light! - Contact the bike shop you got the light from as the Ryder lights come with the standard Ryder Guarantee. I am quite confident that Omnico will honor the guarantee. See http://www.omnico.co.za/Ryder.html