Scott Watu MTB Helmet

RudoJ

So I'm in the market for a new helmet in the 500-600ZAR price range.

Really like the look of the Scott Watu, and it seems like a decent helmet. Does anyone here have one and what are your views about it.

Another option is the Bell Ukon.

How do these two compare?

I bought my current helmet (a Dunlop) at Game right when I started two years ago and its starting to pull loose all over, so I figured its time for a change.

I'm also in the market for a helmet in that price range (and also have a Dunlop helmet lol)

Had a look at a guy's Watu on Klapperkop on Sunday, seems like it has really nice flow, and it's a lot lighter than the Dunlop. Saw CWC had them, but now out of stock ... sigh.

In the same price range all the top brands are very similar in terms of quality. So, the main thing you need to worry about is how it fits on your pip. Some makes are a bit oval, some a bit round. Find one that fits nicely, has easy adjustment to tighten up at the back on the fly and it must look good to you. Try find a mirror which shows all angles.

Good luck.

Edited by slick

Thanks Slick, yeah need to find one that doenst make me look anymore ridiculous than I do with my current helmet! I know the Bell would probably be better choice if you take the crash replacement warrantee into consideration, but a good fit is the decider.

Bushcamp: They have them in stock at HotSpot Cycles in Atterbury Road, well priced at 595 as well. Gonna go there on Friday to have a look.

Shot thanks! CWC had them for R490 I think, that was a good deal ...

If you ordered from them at that good price you would have ended up payingalmost 595 due to postage anyways, unless off course you ordered some other goodies.

I emailed probike to see if other stores in Pta have them in stock as well

In the same price range all the top brands are very similar in terms of quality. So, the main thing you need to worry about is how it fits on your pip. Some makes are a bit oval, some a bit round. Find one that fits nicely, has easy adjustment to tighten up at the back on the fly and it must look good to you. Try find a mirror which shows all angles.

Good luck.

"and it must look good on you" FFS who cares what/how you look!!!!!! Nobody looks good with a helmet on anyway, This is not a fashion parade!

Rant over

Edited by Sepia

I bought the Watu Helmet 2 months ago, and found no reason why you shouldn't consider it!

"and it must look good on you" FFS who cares what/how you look!!!!!! Nobody looks good with a helmet on anyway, This is not a fashion parade!

Rant over

Why don't you go and take a chill pill dude and get over yourself. Besides I never said "and it must look good on you" . I said it must look good to you. There are plenty of good looking helmets out there.

Rant over

based on your argument one can say that the look/appearance of your bike doenst matter? bollocks I say, of course it does. But we are all allowed to have our opinion about stuff, thats after all what freedom of speech is about

Edited by RudoJ

Shot thanks! CWC had them for R490 I think, that was a good deal ...

Btw give hatfield cycles a call as well, they have them at very close to CWC price!

I'm also in the market for a helmet in that price range (and also have a Dunlop helmet lol)

Had a look at a guy's Watu on Klapperkop on Sunday, seems like it has really nice flow, and it's a lot lighter than the Dunlop. Saw CWC had them, but now out of stock ... sigh.

@ Bushcamp

The Helmets on the CWC have the incorrect pic next to the Helmet... I bought them for myself and my wife thinking that they are the same as what the pic is but sadly not... the ones in the Pic are the Scott Wit Helmet but the one that you get is the Watu... :thumbdown:

Saying that I am really loving the my Scott Watu Helmet... It is light and very confortable :thumbup:

@ Bushcamp

The Helmets on the CWC have the incorrect pic next to the Helmet... I bought them for myself and my wife thinking that they are the same as what the pic is but sadly not... the ones in the Pic are the Scott Wit Helmet but the one that you get is the Watu... :thumbdown:

Saying that I am really loving the my Scott Watu Helmet... It is light and very confortable :thumbup:

Was thinking along those lines when looking at the 'in situ' helmet this weekend, but fortunately CWC is out of stock in any case :)

I'll pop into a couple of stores this weekend and go shopping :)

I just bought a Watu about an hour ago from Crown Cycles(Claremont). They're going for R450.

Dunno if this helps seeing that you guys are in Pretoria etc.

Thx PotatoBagMan,

Bought one earlier today at Hatfield Cycles in Pretoria for R475-00 not bad either....

a lekker red one :thumbup:

Took my new Watu for a group ride on Saturday and to Groenkloof yesterday, lightweight, good ventilation and comfy. very happy with my purchase!