Rock Shox Fork cosmetic damage - can it be repaired?

PurePower

Don't stress , its only cosmetic . none of the mechanics of the fork are affected .

battle scares buddy.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About R1650 to replace the lower... or Pratley Putty @ R50 :) Which 1 to go for???? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

File the bloody thing like the okes told you and stop fussing about it.

Chillax man.... i am just adding fuel to the fire!!! :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

Chillax man.... i am just adding fuel to the fire!!! :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

File it and be done with it. Next time make sure you are first into the singletrack ;)

I would be mildly concerned about this.

Based on it's proximity to the dropout.

I would suggest sending these images to CSS.

Strangely enough, in discussing this new design recently I raised the issue of how strong this section of the casting would prove to be.

Apparently not strong enough!

I think it's really bad... much worse than a simple cosmetic problem... I've seen this before...

I think your forks are being eaten alive by superbugs.....

Do your research... read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microbial_corrosion

"Microbial corrosion, also called bacterial corrosion, bio-corrosion, microbiologically-influenced corrosion, or microbially-induced corrosion (MIC), is corrosion caused or promoted by microorganisms, usually chemoautotrophs. It can apply to both metals and non-metallic materials."

About R1650 to replace the lower... or Pratley Putty @ R50 :) Which 1 to go for???? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

R50 - repair, R1600 for beer

That is a serious issue as you are now out of balance. I suggest that you put a Power Balance bracelet over that hole immediately.

That is a serious issue as you are now out of balance. I suggest that you put a Power Balance bracelet over that hole immediately.

hahahahahaha give that man a bells :)