Cadence Nutrition

Cadence classic and Perpetuim is not comparable products, though. In my mind, Classic is much more like HEED and Marathon closer to Perpetuim.

Regarding cream soda flavour - I LOVE it in Classic, just now got a tub of Marathon cream soda... and that's not so nice tasting (compared to the Classic). Passion Fruit Marathon... now there's something to get addicted to! :whistling:

Also, don't forget about the Carbofuel for those days where you don't reeeally require the protein.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be surprised if she can back that up conclusively. I think it is a moot point though - if you are not a bodybuilder a miniscule difference in the proteien is hardly a dealbreaker.

The theory behind using it instead of whey is that its doesn't produce as much amino acids which are the primary cause of muscle fatigue.

After a bit of research I haven't found many articles to back this up apart from what is written by hammer themselves or people selling hammer. So hardly conclusive. I just like the more savoury taste of the espresso. .

Edited by @ndy

• 3 months later...

So get told by a very agro sales person at Diskem that they are discontinuing their stocking of Cadence due to bad/ non existent service from the guys at Cadence. Rather a shame seeing that it took so long to get them to stock it....

So get told by a very agro sales person at Diskem that they are discontinuing their stocking of Cadence due to bad/ non existent service from the guys at Cadence. Rather a shame seeing that it took so long to get them to stock it....

Was told the same thing at my local Dischem. From their Facebook page: Cadence Nutrition is proud to announce that it has entered into an exclusive distribution arrangement with Omnico (Pty) Ltd, South Africa’s leading importer and distributor of cycle and lifestyle brands and that accordingly with effect from 1 September 2014 our products will be available exclusively through quality bicycle retailers throughout South Africa.

Asked for comment, Dr Jeroen Swart, the CEO of Cadence Nutrition added,

“The aim of Cadence Nutrition has always been to supply athletes with the best possible nutritional solution for all types of endurance sport, but in particular cycling, as cycling is what we here at Cadence Nutrition are all passionate about. Accordingly, when the opportunity arose to work together with Omnico, which in our view is the industry leader in South Africa when it comes to the distribution of cycling related brands, we knew this would allow us to move the Cadence Nutrition brand to the next level. Teaming up with Omnico, which imports and distributes iconic brands such as Cannondale, Bell, Fox or GoPro, does not only provide us access to Omnico’s distribution network of more than 150 of South Africa’s leading quality bicycle retailers, but also allows us to focus on our core competency: the development of world leading nutritional solutions for endurance athletes according to strict scientific principles.

In line with our focus on the cycling market, we have further decided to discontinue selling our products to mass market retailers and instead focus exclusively on the distribution of our products through the backbone of our sport, the quality bicycle retailer.”

Will possibly see serious price differences compared to the great prices at Dischem. Great products though.

Was told the same thing at my local Dischem. From their Facebook page: Cadence Nutrition is proud to announce that it has entered into an exclusive distribution arrangement with Omnico (Pty) Ltd, South Africa’s leading importer and distributor of cycle and lifestyle brands and that accordingly with effect from 1 September 2014 our products will be available exclusively through quality bicycle retailers throughout South Africa.

Asked for comment, Dr Jeroen Swart, the CEO of Cadence Nutrition added,

“The aim of Cadence Nutrition has always been to supply athletes with the best possible nutritional solution for all types of endurance sport, but in particular cycling, as cycling is what we here at Cadence Nutrition are all passionate about. Accordingly, when the opportunity arose to work together with Omnico, which in our view is the industry leader in South Africa when it comes to the distribution of cycling related brands, we knew this would allow us to move the Cadence Nutrition brand to the next level. Teaming up with Omnico, which imports and distributes iconic brands such as Cannondale, Bell, Fox or GoPro, does not only provide us access to Omnico’s distribution network of more than 150 of South Africa’s leading quality bicycle retailers, but also allows us to focus on our core competency: the development of world leading nutritional solutions for endurance athletes according to strict scientific principles.

In line with our focus on the cycling market, we have further decided to discontinue selling our products to mass market retailers and instead focus exclusively on the distribution of our products through the backbone of our sport, the quality bicycle retailer.”

Will possibly see serious price differences compared to the great prices at Dischem. Great products though.

1) Omnico is known for relative sh1tty service. 2) Not all bike shops will be included in this roll out except if they ask for the product. 3) There goes the use of a good product.

Road the 60km suikerbosrand today on the marathon cadence. Good flavour (passion fruit).

No spiking, bonking or cramps. Energy levels were good throughout the rides, especially those climbs.

I'm impressed!

Have been using cadence classic for 2 years now, find it works very well for me in training and racing. The only way to see if it works for anyone specifically is to give it a go :w00t:

I'm struggling with my nutrition especially over any ride longer than 5 hours

Been rolling with Perpeteum and some real food snacks

Need to investigate this product

Edited by ' Dale

I'm struggling with my nutrition especially over any ride longer than 5 hours Been rolling with Perpeteum and some real food snacks Need to investigate this product

Try the Cadence Marathon.

As the name indicates, it's aimed at longer rides (3 hours +)

Edited by splat

Try the Cadence Marathon.

As the name indicates, it's aimed at longer rides (3 hours +)

Thanx.Will check it out.

Since Hammer are out of stock of Heed for the next month I need an alternative for shorter rides.  Can anyone who's tried Heed and Cadence Energy comment on the sweetness of Cadence and what flavour to get?  One of the main reasons I use Heed is its very subtle taste so if Cadence tastes like 'Energade' then its probably not for me. 

Since Hammer are out of stock of Heed for the next month I need an alternative for shorter rides.  Can anyone who's tried Heed and Cadence Energy comment on the sweetness of Cadence and what flavour to get?  One of the main reasons I use Heed is its very subtle taste so if Cadence tastes like 'Energade' then its probably not for me. 

Give cytomax a try, and because you only want a month's supply, you can buy the small tub.

I used cytomax years ago - its simply too sweet for my taste.  If Cadence is like it then its not for me either.  When you first taste Heed you think you got the mixture wrong as it is very very subtle.

Hi Hubbers,

Just to give some clarity to the comments above:

Although most of our revenue was generated through Dischem, it was our strategic decision to no longer sell product through them. The shelf space provided to our brand was extremely limited and their staff are incentivised to sell our opposition's brands. The floor staff also lack any experience in endurance nutrition and could not advise appropriately regarding the scientific virtues of our product range.

Selling through Dischem also alienated the cycle retailers who cannot compete with Dischem on price and we are primarily a cycling brand.

Distribution through Omnico has already been excellent and their new B2B distribution system is highly regarded with respect to ease of ordering and competence in terms delivery times and reliability. Any negative sentiments are based on past systems that have been resolved.

We look forward to launching some great new products in the coming weeks to months:

Protein Fuel - An all natural whey protein in dark chocolate flavor. 

Natural Citrus Marathon - Our Marathon product in 100% natural version with a very subtle citrus taste (for those who want a low level of sweetness)

Natural Citrus CarboFuel - As above

Single serving sachets of Marathon

Energy Bars (by year end)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on this forum.

Since moving to the US, I go for HEED all the time. The taste is so subtle and it really does its job as a supplement. While in SA I was using Cadence and loved it. Maybe their new flavors with a more subtle taste will be better. I did find their product to be sweet. Pick up some Cadence and give it a shot. Its really good stuff, despite the sweeter-than-HEED taste.