Cadence Nutrition

What is the "BAR" referred to on the Cadence website under the "Which products should I use" graphic?

(Don't see a Bar in the product range?

Certainly going to try this product as soon as I finish what I'm currently using (USN Winners Energ ) which seems to be something of a mucous factory!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking at a couple of sportsdrinks and noticed the following:

*Source: Company Websites

Am I right in seeing very little difference between what is purported to be a top tier sports drink and USN's lowest cost/entry level product? And IMO insufficient difference to justify double the cost? I haven't spent time increasing the number of products, that may be interesting.

Comment would be appreciated.

And I am really NOT trying to slag off a product, I used Cytomax for years and have been using the USN Energ drink for the last month and feel no difference...in fact I prefer the USN product despite my misgivings about the big USN marketing machine....but hey, I have been wrong before....

Edited by love2fly

USN ENERG SPORTS PER 100G

USN ENERG SPORTS PER 36G SERVING

CADENCE CARBOFUEL ENERGY 100G

CADENCE CARBOFUEL ENERGY PER 46G SERVING

ENERGY

1532kj

552kj

1490kj

685kj

CARBOHYDRATE OF WHICH TOTAL SUGAR

88g

32g

86.7g

33.2g

39.9g

15.2g

TOTAL SODIUM

884mg

318mg

1010mg

465mg

POTASSIUM

243mg

88mg

406mg

187mg

CALCIUM

333mg

120mg

-

-

MAGNESIUM

144mg

52mg

439mg

202mg

PHOSPHOROUS

385mg

138mg

539mg

248mg

PRICE  1KG PACK

Approx. R190

Approx. R96

I tried uploading a comparison table but it loses the format....

• 3 years later...

Good morning Hubland

Came across this thread and thought it might be a good time to revive the thread(pun intended).

We're staying in touch with our Cadence Nutrition customers through a regular email newsletter, please PM your email address to me if you would like to be added to this. Additionally, if you have any nutrition specific questions that I can pass onto Doc Jeroen Swart - please feel free to post these on the thread and I can also have them answered for you.

vlcsnap-2015-10-27-21h12m49s688.png

From our newsletter from last week: 5 Tips for Indoor Training

1.    Higher sweat rate: with indoor training it is quite likely that you will have a higher sweat rate than what you would normally have outdoors. It is important to keep your body cooled through the use of a fan and remember to get in enough fluids. We recommend Carbofuel which is high in electrolytes and can provide a sustainable energy release. More information can be found here.

2.    Look after your equipment: following on the above tip, sweating a lot indoors can wreck havoc on your equipment. Be sure to either rinse your cycling kit in fresh water shortly after the session or better yet, get it into the washing machine. Give your bike a wash at least once a week and give the floor around your indoor setup a scrub down. Sweat can be very corrosive and can cause unseen damage.

3.    Welcome distractions: listening to music, watching a movie, reading a book or listening to a podcast can be a welcome distraction to many hours indoor, just be aware that your power is not dropping off and you’re putting in junk miles. When doing intervals or specific training we would rather recommend focusing on hitting your numbers and getting the job done correctly.

4    Maintain consistent energy levels through your sessions: you're likely to be pedaling more than you would outdoors which means that you will be burning more energy. Why not try out one of our new Balanced Energy Bars?

5.    Keep it fun! There is another two and a half weeks of the lock down to come, and maybe more. Mix things up by joining a Zwift race or virtual group ride with your friends. If you’re doing some endurance miles take your mind of things by watching a movie or documentary (whilst keeping point 3 in mind). We have recently watched the new Trek Factory Racing documentary Going In which follows the team through the 2019 season on Red Bull TV. Another recommendation would be The Least Expected Day - a look into team Movistar through the 2019 season.

Edited by Bikalot

Is your nutrition stock running low after doing your 5th Zwift race this lock down? Don’t worry, we are here to help. We now have certification to ship nutritional supplements during the lock down and as such have extended our online lock down sale.

Head on over to www.cadencenutrition.com and use the coupon code ‘lockdown30’ on checkout for a 30% discount on any of our products. Please note that shipping may take slightly longer than normal and terms and condtiions may apply.

What's more? Any orders on the lock down sale will also receive a free a Cadence Nutrition water bottle, Apple Pie Balanced Energy bar and a sachet of ASS MAGIC chamois cream as a gift.

• 1 year later...

Couple items on sale at Cycle Lab too - you will also receive free bottle with the purchase of a tub in store.