Cadence Nutrition

Was looking for somewhere I could get an Ergofit in Gauteng so was looking at http://www.sciencetosport.com.

Noticed that they had their own range of nutrition, and figured that:

a. I've not really been happy with any of the main players out there regarding sustained energy release (except Exxc Pxo, but that stuff is like drinking horrible gruel at single malt prices) - the main issues being energy spikes / dips, or just not enough energy in the low gi formulations.

b. That sciencetosport have an affiliation to Sports Science Institute would indicate that the formulation of the drinks should be good.

Have used three of the products:

Classic: Rides up to four hours long.

Marathon: Rides longer than four hours long.

Revive: To aid recovery after long rides / stage racing

Used Classic/Revive for some hectic training prior to Sani definitely had much better recovery than with my previous 'try this and try that approach'.

During Sani we used Classic on Day 1 and 3 and Marathon on Day 2.

Was awesome stuff. Sustained energy release, no spikes and dips, and good strength through out the day, I suspect in part due to protein being included in Classic and Marathon.

Didn't get to use the Revive during Sani as USN were handing their product out and the finish line, and as some bird would just have given you a bottle of water it made sense to mix it up and drink it right there and then.

I've tried a bunch of stuff, and I can really recommend this.

Use it, don't use it.

http://www.cadencenutrition.com/

PS: The Ergofit made a huge difference to my Sani - more comfortable, more power, more enjoyable. And I didn't give myself much time to get used to it either - about a month. Was worried about cramping due to using a different range of muscle movement but didn't cramp once. First time ever I've survived Day One cramp free, and fastest too.

Edited by davetapson

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I cannot understand the "supplier" of Cadence Nutrition. We have a Dischem which sells all the "large" brand names' products and I was delighted to find out that they were stocking Cadence as a new line. HOWEVER, never stock, or very limited and then the sales guy, when asked about the empty space, says, "most unreliable supplier of goods, cannot remember when last the rep was around". My rant - keep the stock up to date and more people will be supporting you, better business!!!!

Maar nou ja!

Edited by duringd

• 4 months later...

I cannot understand the "supplier" of Cadence Nutrition. We have a Dischem which sells all the "large" brand names' products and I was delighted to find out that they were stocking Cadence as a new line. HOWEVER, never stock, or very limited and then the sales guy, when asked about the empty space, says, "most unreliable supplier of goods, cannot remember when last the rep was around". My rant - keep the stock up to date and more people will be supporting you, better business!!!!

Maar nou ja!

Which Dischem branch?

I really like the thinking behind the products.

I'm thinking of jumping from Hammer to this.

Hmmm

I'm thinking of jumping from Hammer to this.

Hmmm

'I have done a lot of reading (and some personal testing). I like it. Word of warning: the Creamsoda flavour didnt work for me.

'I have done a lot of reading (and some personal testing). I like it. Word of warning: the Creamsoda flavour didnt work for me.

Another training buddy of mine also likes it.

Hmmm Another positive.

I changed from cadence classic to hammer perpetuem because a dietician advised me that the soy protein in Hammer is better than the whey protein in Cadence. I cant say I noticed a big difference although I did think the cadence was a bit sweet for me while riding. I have still been using the chocolate cadence recovery because it tastes good, its like sterrie stumpy.

I changed from cadence classic to hammer perpetuem because a dietician advised me that the soy protein in Hammer is better than the whey protein in Cadence. I cant say I noticed a big difference although I did think the cadence was a bit sweet for me while riding. I have still been using the chocolate cadence recovery because it tastes good, its like sterrie stumpy.

*kopkrap*

which way to go now? I am currently on 32GI, but been pondering about Hammer or Cadence.. after reading this thread got me split in 2.. again

which way to go now? I am currently on 32GI, but been pondering about Hammer or Cadence.. after reading this thread got me split in 2.. again

Best is to try it.

I'll try some Cadence out in winter.

I will be surprised if she can back that up conclusively. I think it is a moot point though - if you are not a bodybuilder a miniscule difference in the proteien is hardly a dealbreaker.