Time trail

Kerneels

2 Gels and a bucket of courage mate!

All in - balls out.

Cadence is your biatch!!!!!!!!

Its all bout energy management and mental toughness!

And remember - Its gonna hurt - get some angry thoughts to help you out!

20km road.

If you're fit, for that time <40mins you can attack from the gun and just enjoy the 'suffering' as it ends pretty quickly :ph34r:

Also doing on this weekend, same distance.. Are we allowed to listen to music?? Cos that will be a help.

Edited by Fruity

Don't start too fast - you will pay for it in terms of time and extra suffering before the finish. The right pace is one you can maintain over 20km, where you would hit the wall 10m over the line, for a road TT. If it is a tri/duathlon TT, you need to keep some reserves for running afterwards.

Warm up very well for about 45min before the TT - you should be sweating when you get to the start line. From there it's flat taps for 20km. Don't worry about eating, you can re-swallow whatever comes up from your stomach...

............... Don't worry about eating, you can re-swallow whatever comes up from your stomach...

Yeah, but now I can't re-swallow the coffee that's all over my screen and keyboard! At least I got some of what went up my nose back!

Yeah, but now I can't re-swallow the coffee that's all over my screen and keyboard! At least I got some of what went up my nose back!

Yek!! :eek: So the "nose" coffee was luke warm. Coffee must be hot :thumbup:

break your effort into 4 parts, 5km each.

Go conservatively in the 1st sector, DO NOT FILL WITH LACTATE. Stay sub threshold and resist the urge to sprint full ball out of the gate.

Sector 2 - build up to threshold and hold it there, monitor HR and cadence are within your ability.

Sector 3 - Bleed from every pore, eyeball and orifice, here's where you turn your mind OFF.

Sector 4 - Try hold the pace of Sector three for as long as possible, you will fade to the end but hang on for dear life and blow up at the finish line.

break your effort into 4 parts, 5km each.

Go conservatively in the 1st sector, DO NOT FILL WITH LACTATE. Stay sub threshold and resist the urge to sprint full ball out of the gate.

Sector 2 - build up to threshold and hold it there, monitor HR and cadence are within your ability.

Sector 3 - Bleed from every pore, eyeball and orifice, here's where you turn your mind OFF.

Sector 4 - Try hold the pace of Sector three for as long as possible, you will fade to the end but hang on for dear life and blow up at the finish line.

How do you determine your threshold?

Through testing, power peak or HR maximums achieved in races or better yet specific training.

a 20km TT should take less than 30 minutes, so I would work on 30 minute power as a threshold.

Working on HR is difficult because in training and racing it can differ, especially as it's elevated on race day due to adrenaline and gels and caffiene etc..

aim to warm up at least 1 hour with 3-4 efforts at threshold for 4 minutes each