Bicycle Lights

doppelganger

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How / can you mount the Cree XML T6 LED to a helmet? Where does the battery pack go then or is it integrated in the light?

What will be best.... 2 of the cheap R649 lights or 1 Pyro 2000 @ R1499?

For MTB I'd go for two of the cheaper ones - one on your handlebar and the other on your helmet, with separate battery packs. You'll need to order a helmet mount and an extension lead for another 100 bucks or so. Lots of advantages to this setup. For road, I think the Pyro 2000 is awesome - I've been testing these lights for a review, which is nearly ready for posting.

How / can you mount the Cree XML T6 LED to a helmet? Where does the battery pack go then or is it integrated in the light?

It comes with a four-cell rechargeable battery pack. You need a helmet mount for the light-head and an extension cable so you can keep the battery pack in your jersey pocket. The battery pack is quite compact, but just too big to mount on a helmet, IMHO. Theoretically you can mount the battery pack on the bike, but I wouldn't want to have my helmet attached to the bike if we parted company in a... rapid manner. :wacko:

Edited by GBguy

Jip ! Decided to get the 2 cheaper ones.. will get the longer cable + helmet mount later.

I bought a light from hannes, the pyro 1500, trust me you dont need more than that, when i switch the light on in daylight the sun goes down..... its bar mounted.

agree with Koukie, got my Pyro 2000 on pre-order about 6 weeks ago and it's awesome to say the least. On 10 - 25 % you will get about 5 hours of riding time and on jeep track you need no more. Singletrack with a bit technical terrain you can set it to the 75 % mode with a push of a button and you will get around 2.5 - 3 hours riding time. On 100% you blind the oncoming traffic. I found that with this light i only need it to be bar mounted, no helmet light required as like in the past. These lights are the business.

Noticed that the R649 is not a Pyro LED but an Cree XML T6 LED, besides the difference of the one being 4000K and the other not, is the R649 a worth while purchase?

You dont get a Pyro LED. All these lights are Magicshines with its own branding (naming)

I just hope this groupon deal is not a scam with the cheaper R649 1200 Lumen 10W CREE XML T6 LED lights that comes from "Extreme Lights", their website is vary vague with no proper contact details(this should have set off alarm bells fro me).

Has anyone ever had dealings with Extreme Lights before this groupon deal? Does anyone have a contact no for this company in SA.