Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Chris king grease for their hub bearings?

Looks like it is more like a liquid lube than a grease, interesting, I have noticed bearings well packed with grease does add some "friction" definitely slows a wheel done/doesn't spin as freely.

Edited by Skylark

Is the Chris king grease for their hub bearings?

Looks like it is more like a liquid lube than a grease, interesting, I have noticed bearings well packed with grease does add some "friction" definitely slows a wheel done/doesn't spin as freely.

When I service American Classic or Mavic freehubs ,I use Finish Line wet lube.

When I service American Classic or Mavic freehubs ,I use Finish Line wet lube.

I've tried ATF gearbox lube, which is very close to the viscosity of FL wet lube, in my Hope freehubs, appeared to work perfectly. Do you use that in hub bearings ever? I'm pretty keen to give that a try, especially on Hope hubs which have such a good sealing system so there's not much chance of bearing washout, should reduce rolling resistance marginally vs fully packing them with grease.

Not really bicycle related but still has the cycle part in...my latest purchase with only 5520km on the clock to help with fuel saving and travel, bought from Kawasaki South (Neville cragg's place - Suzuki South) :)

post-14028-0-05934400-1406871786_thumb.jpg

post-14028-0-36178400-1406871888_thumb.jpg

Edited by MTB_Roadie

Sweet!

Once of deal or is there a particular seller to look at?

ebay store called "eastondealer" and another called " coloradocycles" I have bought forks from both of them

Not really bicycle related but still has the cycle part in...my latest purchase with only 5520km on the clock to help with fuel saving and travel, bought from Kawasaki South (Neville cragg's place - Suzuki South) :)

Interesting that the tires are blue so "close" to the centre line. Usually you only get it on the two outer quarters.

Interesting that the tires are blue so "close" to the centre line. Usually you only get it on the two outer quarters.

Still a newbie....the bike was basically like new but after the weekend the blue part is like gone ;)

And a Garmin mount that uses the stem bolts :thumbup:

This Garmin mount finally arrives and I rush home in a state of excitement, only to discover that my Garmin unit doesn't seem to fit.

Disappointed! :cursing:

post-615-0-86742900-1407265894_thumb.jpg

Edited by splat

This Garmin mount finally arrives and I rush home in a state of excitement, only to discover that my Garmin unit doesn't seem to fit.

which Garmin?

which Garmin?

which Garmin?

Edge 500

This one is made for 200 - 500 - 510 - 800 & 810

It just wont turn, let alone clip in.

I am waiting for a response from the manufacturer.