Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Did you contact the Global / Headoffice rather than the local agents? I found the local guys were utterly useless and never replied so I Facebooked / emailed the international guys and they were amazing. I heard that there are new agents who have taken over the Bryton license in SA so maybe they'll get up to speed.

The last time I dealt with the international guys with software update on the 40 they said we don't have a local agent (at the time) and that was that hey. Nothing further, no attempt to help electronically over email, etc.

I must say, I e-mailed them my order on Sunday evening and within minutes I got a reply which was totally unexpected being Sunday evening. Got two other mails on Monday and last one Tuesday morning stating that the Gps has been send of and because I'm close to George, they expected it to be here on Friday only. Much to my surprise I received it today.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Maybe their sales department is better than their service department. We all know which one pays the bills..........

I really do hope you have no hassles. Like I said loved the 40, gave software issues and managed to sort it myself through online forums advice. The 50 was just a doomed purchase which I managed to reverse thankfully seeing as I bought it used.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got myself some new toys to play with  :P

I have the same dropper just not Kashima coated, 150mm drop right?

Mine doesn't have that lever though......

They work really well.

The last time I dealt with the international guys with software update on the 40 they said we don't have a local agent (at the time) and that was that hey. Nothing further, no attempt to help electronically over email, etc.

That was exactly the same issue I had, a software update on my 50. Maybe I was lucky but I got tons of communication, updates and guides for my mac and then in the end they wrote a seperate update specifically for my OS version / machine and followed up to make sure it was stable once it was installed. How to win one customer and how to lose another... 

Looks like a M?

Congratz, Chris'

17.5'', think that equals "M" in other brands.  I am on the ridge between M and L .... with L I often find the stand-over height a bit uncomfortable.

I LOVE this bike !!  I set up the handling as per the TREK website, air pressures as per the charts and everything else as per the initial settings.  Coming back along the Hermanus Trails I was giving it some stick through those twisty bits today .... never felt "on the limit".  The fealing was one of steady and perfect control.  The suspension soaked up the bumps over the tree roots and rocky sections.