Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

No the story of my new bike being dragged along the road after my new Thule failed at 100km on the freeway

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back Billy Rae...

I've missed that avatar, glad to be back. Missed all you guys & girls

aaaargh!

No.... is she okay?

Thank god yeah, the handle bar end took the impact and sustained all the damage, it got replaced.

I almost threw up on the side of the road.

Thank god yeah, the handle bar end took the impact and sustained all the damage, it got replaced.

Oh crap - what Thule was it and how did it fail?

Phew... not great at all but also alot great'r than it could have been. When I read your comment about it coming off I just had to go and hug my bikes and tell them it was going to be okay! ;)

Still a beauty of a bike tho! 

Edited by hellocolour

Oh crap - what Thule was it and how did it fail?

Thule VeloCompact 925

post-13006-0-02892600-1503828326_thumb.jpg

The circled knobs were tightened, and the bolt inside the knob was tightened with a allen key. They became loose somehow so the U-Shaped bar fell over with the bike. It did it twice For some reason that bar was not seating properly.

The bike shop assembled and fitted it for me. I was probably stupid for not checking myself, lesson learnt. The bike shop did rectify the issue.

Edited by Caerus

Phew... not great at all but also alot great'r than it could have been. When I read your comment about it coming off I just had to go and hug my bikes and tell them it was going to be okay! ;)

Still a beauty of a bike tho! 

Thanks, I'm certainly in love  :wub:

It could have been a hell of a lot worse, just as well there was no one to close ehind me and I was able to stop as quickly as I did.

No the story of my new bike being dragged along the road after my new Thule failed at 100km on the freeway

You know the best thing you can do with a new bike is to give it a scratch right away because then you get over it quickly and you can ride it without stressing about scratching it and enjoy it more..........but you sure took that to a whole new level!  :eek:

Just ordered these ,was to cheap not toRapide-High-Rize-R-780-and-ControlColumn

I also got to get another one of those bars.

I've got one on my bike at the moment, but stupidly cut it down to 720mm when I originally fitted it as I thought that was all I needed.

Now I seek at least an extra 20mm on each side.

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk