Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also got to get another one of those bars.

I've got one on my bike at the moment, but stupidly cut it down to 720mm when I originally fitted it as I thought that was all I needed.

Now I seek at least an extra 20mm on each side.

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

i was on 780mms earlier this year,but they were a bit long,outgrown my 740mms and needed the extra length,bike was getting to twitchy

Just ordered these ,was to cheap not toRapide-High-Rize-R-780-and-ControlColumn

Awesome... especially as I managed to use my current Rapide bars in combination with a large rock to stop my bike on Sunday. Tuesday purchase on the way. 

Edited by hellocolour

Awesome... especially as I managed to use my current Rapide bars in combination with a large rock to stop my bike on Sunday. Tuesday purchase on the way. 

Ouch....!

Would love to see a pic

Edited by Mr lee

01c7bd913002987aadcdb5adc59ca0c7.jpg

Upgraded my db inline to latest version. Hopefully can test it out tomorrow after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So manage to dodge a telecom and take it for a spin.

Compared to the old db inline, it runs much higher pressure.

210 psi @ 25% sag, vs 160 psi @ 30%. I weigh around 74 kg.

25% was my starting point, and it already uses most (if not all) of the travel. Although difficult to say as the 63mm stroke is limited to 57mm, but don't think it bottomed out.

So manage to dodge a telecom and take it for a spin.

Compared to the old db inline, it runs much higher pressure.

210 psi @ 25% sag, vs 160 psi @ 30%. I weigh around 74 kg.

25% was my starting point, and it already uses most (if not all) of the travel. Although difficult to say as the 63mm stroke is limited to 57mm, but don't think it bottomed out.

Some of these internally spaced shocks can have the stroke extended to the original 63mm as long as the shock at full travel doesn't hit the frame.

I know my old Trance uses a 57mm stroke shock but with a 63mm it us the rear travel from 140mm to 157mm, coupled with a 160mm fork it makes it a proper endure rig!!!

Some of these internally spaced shocks can have the stroke extended to the original 63mm as long as the shock at full travel doesn't hit the frame.

I know my old Trance uses a 57mm stroke shock but with a 63mm it us the rear travel from 140mm to 157mm, coupled with a 160mm fork it makes it a proper endure rig!!!

small correction - trance was 50mm stroke, and could change it to a 57mm stroke a la the reign. 

Thule VeloCompact 925

attachicon.gifThule VeloCompact 925.jpg

The circled knobs were tightened, and the bolt inside the knob was tightened with a allen key. They became loose somehow so the U-Shaped bar fell over with the bike. It did it twice For some reason that bar was not seating properly.

The bike shop assembled and fitted it for me. I was probably stupid for not checking myself, lesson learnt. The bike shop did rectify the issue.

The ends of that bar locate in a recess, once that has been done they can be tightened.

http://www.sunsetmtb.co.uk/images/shop/Intense-2017-Primer-Frame-SL-Fox--Orange--6054-l-2.jpg

22495_rockshox_pike_rct3_solo_air_27_5_a

Sick!! We'll need a propper build update. Congrats!

http://www.sunsetmtb.co.uk/images/shop/Intense-2017-Primer-Frame-SL-Fox--Orange--6054-l-2.jpg

22495_rockshox_pike_rct3_solo_air_27_5_a

Now, that is the start of something special!