Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After flirting with it for the last few months I've gone #FullFannyPack thanks to a CRC's big sale. Had got the inov8 one to see what the fuss was about and for R250 with bottle it's was great for quick 2hr sessions and carries fair bit of stuff but with summer coming I wanted more liquid (this has a 1.5l reservoir) and you can strap your pads to the outside for the long climbs. 

I'll get in first. Yup, now you'll see a Fanny on a tranny. Tried to find a half decent picture but there aren't any. It's a very uncool looking bit of kit but it works. 

post-15825-0-51119800-1504851372_thumb.jpg

Why do say that?

Potentially referring to the extended seat post and drop to bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided to upgrade my wheelset...got me the Giant SLR01 carbon wheelset

Features
  • Ultra-Light full composite 700C rims
  • Tubeless compatible using supplied rim strips and valves
  • 23mm wide rim for better tire performance
  • 30mm rim height
  • Stainless steel, straight pull, double butted spokes
  • Dynamic Balanced Lacing provides significantly higher transmission stiffness vs. traditionally laced wheels
  • Alloy locking nipples
  • Giant Alloy hub shell with pawl based driver
  • 1425g per pair

post-14028-0-13482600-1504854894_thumb.jpg

Decided to upgrade my wheelset...got me the Giant SLR01 carbon wheelset

Features
  • Ultra-Light full composite 700C rims
  • Tubeless compatible using supplied rim strips and valves
  • 23mm wide rim for better tire performance
  • 30mm rim height
  • Stainless steel, straight pull, double butted spokes
  • Dynamic Balanced Lacing provides significantly higher transmission stiffness vs. traditionally laced wheels
  • Alloy locking nipples
  • Giant Alloy hub shell with pawl based driver
  • 1425g per pair

16 spokes in the front wheel!

Jeez I know nothing about road bikes.

The postman visited yesterday. Amazing attention to detail on this thing! Not sure if I want to build it or hang it on the wall though  :drool:

http://i65.tinypic.com/axyav4.jpg

I keep coming back here to see what else you got for the build. Cant wait to see it complete!

After flirting with it for the last few months I've gone #FullFannyPack thanks to a CRC's big sale. Had got the inov8 one to see what the fuss was about and for R250 with bottle it's was great for quick 2hr sessions and carries fair bit of stuff but with summer coming I wanted more liquid (this has a 1.5l reservoir) and you can strap your pads to the outside for the long climbs. 

I'll get in first. Yup, now you'll see a Fanny on a tranny. Tried to find a half decent picture but there aren't any. It's a very uncool looking bit of kit but it works. 

attachicon.giffanny.jpg

A couple selfies are in order

The postman visited yesterday. Amazing attention to detail on this thing! Not sure if I want to build it or hang it on the wall though  :drool:

http://i65.tinypic.com/axyav4.jpg

What rear shock are you going to use?

Potentially referring to the extended seat post and drop to bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike is a Large, I am 1.80cm, always ridden on a large. The seatpost was a bit high in that pic, that was before I had even ridden it.

Edited by CraigCCW

I keep coming back here to see what else you got for the build. Cant wait to see it complete!

So far just the frame and a shiny new Pike RCT3 140mm soloair boost (hi Miles :) ) have arrived. The wheels, cockpit and components are in varying stages of transit at the moment, but I'll create a build thread once everything is here and assembly can begin.