Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The other night I started fitting my bike with the new wheelset (the aforementioned on that started off as a dinged rear rim, and I rationalized my way into purchasing a whole new wheelset).

Well... When removing my tyres off my previous wheelset, I noticed all the gunky dried tubeless sealant around the beads. I started pealing it off, then the rationalizing started once again...

Like surely these gummed up beads won't seat properly on the shiny new wheelset.

And surely it will take me hours, maybe even weeks, to clean that gunk off. Not to mention the bead may get stretched from my efforts...

...and before I knew it, my debit card fell out of my wallet, and I had clicked purchase on a set of these:

attachicon.gifMichelin Wild Enduro.PNG

It's a slippery slope I tell you! A very slippery slope!

...good thing I procured some grip  :ph34r: :lol:

I am just waiting for the new frame and fork to strap those wheels to.........

I am just waiting for the new frame and fork to strap those wheels to.........

:lol:

I think I have the situation under control now. It was touch-and-go for a minute there, but it seems the new wheels & tyres will fit on my old bike.

Any potential frame and fork budget allocation is being diverted into Bike Room funding, starting with a few of of these:

http://cyclesportsilkeborg.dk/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/DfnCv-_XUAsF77r-e1532005645416.jpg

No not the Spaz 'tricity bike, or the kids bike. But some Steady Racks, to wall mount the current stable.

Edited by patches

Good for you, man.

Beautiful

Thank you very much. It rides like a dream. Smashed 95% of my personal records on trails already.

Also upgraded from my El Cheapo to a Scott 29er:c3ec94a3312092f6c7af02f8f7d95f37.jpgFirst to go was the spoke reflectors...

Congrats. It’s a huge difference. Have lots of fun!

And it rides so smooth

Route that brake cable on the inside of the fork leg! Don't want it getting it caught on a branch or a rock!

Route that brake cable on the inside of the fork leg! Don't want it getting it caught on a branch or a rock!

Thx!! Will check it!

Strangely, it was fitted the exact same way on previous fork. Better to not try and test its fate...

Edited by Engel-a