Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

I've been tthhhiiisss close to buying one. Using it as the front TV speakers (naturally) and then using my two Play 1s as rear speakers. How does it sound and should I be more enthusiastic in buying one?

hahah, well now is a good time. Harvey Norman and JB Hifi both have the Beam for around 505 AUD and Play: One 2nd Gen's for about 254 AUD. If I wasn't concerned about trying to get my Ikea stash back to NZ, I too would have gone the 1x Beam and 2x Play:One route.

As for sound, I have yet to use it. I got home from the airport at 1:30am, so have only set it up.

Also, if you have a King Living smart couch (or are in the market for a new couch), King Living make special brackets for the Sonos One/Play/SL that run the cables neatly and utilize the couch's power. The big boy home cinema style couch has a special place for the Sonos sub too. King Living also sell other accessories that run off the couch power like wireless charging side tables, reading lamps etc.

I have the Delta II couch (like so, but without the wireless charging side table thing)

259-2596589_1-king-living-delta-3.png

Then ultimately the speakers will be mounted like this:

pdp_main_speakerbracket.jpg

8d6fbc60-3ff9-4a1f-800b-5c888e6d7b7b.jpg

(here's the Sonos bracket on the home cinema couch)

c86e9e9b-104b-4b5f-8eca-4e1f893965d0.png

(this is where the sub goes)

Not the kinda couches you put your bike on for photos... if you value your life :lol:

But yeah, I digress and am ashamed to admit that my couch (and the fact that a large part of my home is automated with Google Assistant) prompted my decision on the Sonos setup  :ph34r:

Edited by patches

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ENJOY !!

Cant wait to get going on mine .... seeing the biokeneticist this week ...

EDIT - have you tried to fit a water bottle ...  :eek:   :ph34r:   Consider getting the WOOLF rail to move the bottle cage lower in the triangle.  The Lynne unit does NOT work on the Giant ebikes !!

PS - any threads on the Giant ebikes on the Hub ?  My searches have come up empty thus far ...

Edited by ChrisF

I was in the Spez shop this week, sjo, so much niceness in the e-bike department.

Jip ???? I was drooling over the Levo ... still miffed they downgraded the 2020 specifications ...

Some seriously nice deals at Giant ... moving 2019 stock ...

Edited by ChrisF

Jip [emoji106] I was drooling over the Levo ... still miffed they downgraded the 2020 specifications ...

Problem is $$$$ [emoji24][emoji3064][emoji33][emoji85][emoji1787]

ENJOY !!

Cant wait to get going on mine .... seeing the biokeneticist this week ...

EDIT - have you tried to fit a water bottle ...  :eek:   :ph34r:   Consider getting the WOOLF rail to move the bottle cage lower in the triangle.  The Lynne unit does NOT work on the Giant ebikes !!

PS - any threads on the Giant ebikes on the Hub ?  My searches have come up empty thus far ...

Mine is medium frame. We tried the rail type, not sure if it was Lynne or Woolf, but that also doesn't fit a bottle - even the small bottles. Currently considering Fabric's cageless bottle. I am able to fit a cage with one of the small tool bottles.

I have - Bontragers with no problems.

Have ypu guys used side mounted bottle cages? The std bottle cage doesnt always work

Mine is medium frame. We tried the rail type, not sure if it was Lynne or Woolf, but that also doesn't fit a bottle - even the small bottles. Currently considering Fabric's cageless bottle. I am able to fit a cage with one of the small tool bottles.

EDIT - Here are the photos -

The woolf rail -

post-110956-0-52597200-1584368631_thumb.jpg

Medium/small bottle fits nicely -

post-110956-0-55638800-1584368637_thumb.jpg

The rail "lifts" the cage, and the top of the bottle touches the top-tube .... thus I used a rubber washer (tap) to lift the bottom and thus dropping the top of the bottle -

post-110956-0-04523500-1584368644_thumb.jpg

A larger bottle, with a narrower top does fit.  Keeping my eyes out for a nice one ...

I managed to fit the medium/small size bottle in a standard side entry cage, after installing the WOOLF rail.

I also have the medium frame

Edited by ChrisF

Note to myself .... I need to take a pic for you ... I managed to fit the medium/small size bottle in a standard side entry cage, after installing the WOOLF rail.

I also have the medium frame

That would be great. Thanks.