Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

This is why I started the more "correct" albeit tedious method of drop per link chain lubing...

51c2168ac556d4ca5803888e63eb03db.jpg

Thank goodness my lbs is open...

b80efa6533f55d74b7eced9c96039189.jpg

Hi.

Did you see Boesman88s thread on this? Same chain, same problem. I don't think it has anything to do with putting lube on each link.

Edited by Longbarn Killer

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

Did you see Boesman88s thread on this? Same chain, same problem. I don't think it has anything to do with putting lube on each link.

Putting it on is how I spotted it. Forces me to look at every link. Rather spot that at home than in the middle of a ride.

Morning all, so I got the below toddler seat to roll the little one around the hood for a few minutes after sunrise, but I am technologically challenged.

How do I increase the space where the clamp is supposed to go (blue section!)?

The steerer tube isn't any longer, need about 8mm more to put a 3rd spacer on and then the clamp.

Is the solution maybe another stem that "uses" less space on the steerer tube, or how do I manage to win a bit more space to use this baby seat finally? 

post-15789-0-34222400-1590232816_thumb.jpg

post-15789-0-41390400-1590232877_thumb.jpg

......., and leave the tent poles at home at least once in its life. EDIT: Preferably within 30 min of leaving home, most likely when you're 30 min away from the destination and you've already travelled for 5 hours. 

......and that's how the mayhem started  ;)  :D

Morning all, so I got the below toddler seat to roll the little one around the hood for a few minutes after sunrise, but I am technologically challenged.

The steerer tube isn't any longer, need about 8mm more to put a 3rd spacer on and then the clamp.

Is the solution maybe another stem that "uses" less space on the steerer tube, or how do I manage to win a bit more space to use this baby seat finally?

attachicon.gifseat brackert.JPG

attachicon.gifbabyseat.JPG

I don't want to sound stupid, but isn't that baby seat for over the backwheel, behind your seat mounted on the seatpost? I had a few of them, looked the same, which fitted behind you?

7ab3bf450d377db571bb37153f7dfaa9.jpg

Edited by BSG

seat brackert.JPG

babyseat.JPG

My mate had to buy another fork (uncut) for his. A Suntour cheapie.

attachicon.gifseat brackert.JPG

attachicon.gifbabyseat.JPG

The longer I look at these photos, the more dangerous this contraption looks!!

Knipex. Just lovely. All my pliers, cutters, “handle” tools are them. Lifetime of tools those.

Wanted to get A electrical style long nose pliers a while back and nearly threw up when I saw the price, but these are much more affordable and I'll use them enough to justify it

But yeah, tools for life for sure

since I guess it will be unlikely that you smash DH trails with a kid onboard....the only safe way to do that would be getting hold of one of these to extend the steerer tube of your fork:

BBB makes one...Giant too. not sure where to get though.

EDIT: found you one:

https://www.rookiesports.co.za/product/handlebar-stem-riser/

another option would be to get a new lower upper headset cup...something like the slam set from cane creek.///even a normal zerostack top cup should gain you about 5mm from the looks of it. it looks like you have ateast 8mm the gain there. you MIGHT find stems that are lower stack...not by much though...maybe 5mm lower than what you have. so a combo of a few things might get you the 10mm odd you need.

https://isikosports.co.za/Cane-Creek-40-Series-Top-Assembly-Headsets-p91156701

post-64325-0-13105700-1590382927_thumb.jpg

post-64325-0-60051400-1590383116_thumb.jpg

Edited by morneS555

I don't want to sound stupid, but isn't that baby seat for over the backwheel, behind your seat mounted on the seatpost? I had a few of them, looked the same, which fitted behind you?

7ab3bf450d377db571bb37153f7dfaa9.jpg

Thank you  - I guess there are different options - this one goes to the front, according to the manual :-)

Picked up a Rook scout! Very happy, also fits the Mrs so edging her to start joining for some rides.

snip

id also like one, like the look of it

...if they made any in non children sizes...

:ph34r:

Edited by morneS555