Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use one of these :thumbup: - bike is only used on my IDT Kickr

At first i was skeptical - but it is really a cleaver design

Cannot see any problem for also using it out on the road

Two things worry me when using one of these devices outside. The leverage effect you now introduce and the geometry change that could seriously affect handling and stability.

Two things worry me when using one of these devices outside. The leverage effect you now introduce and the geometry change that could seriously affect handling and stability.

Just wondering and I think it's been stated somewhere else... Surely it will only lift the bars affecting fit and reach and not affect the 'geometry'? Unless you put some kind of spacer/extender between the fork and the frame off course...

It's beautiful. What is it? The stumpjumper?

Thanks, Epic Comp Evo.

I don't have the skills for a stumpy

Edited by fanievb

hey! slow down there Grease_Monkey, what are you trying to say?

*Looks at Stumpy in the garage....

An Epic requires more skill to ride than a Stumpy, the Stumpy makes up for a lack of skill ;) why else do you think all of us fatty EduroBros are on heavy bikes that don't pedal well?

Just wondering and I think it's been stated somewhere else... Surely it will only lift the bars affecting fit and reach and not affect the 'geometry'? Unless you put some kind of spacer/extender between the fork and the frame off course...

yes. it just works as more spacers under your stem. They exist for when you need to raise a stem/handelbar but your steerer tube was cut too short/ was slammed. The stem clamps to this part...which in turns fits over the exposed steerer tube and clamps to that just like a normal stem would. It only gives you that 40mm od extra you didnt have under the stem before.

it doesnt change anything geometry wise that you couldn't have achieved with a normal uncut steerer setup in the first place. the only thing that might worry people is the extra connection....but then again people also ride Dual sus bikes where the rear triangles are only connected to the rest of the bike with a few bolts lol.

edit: also people worrying about them possibly sliding off the top obviously dont remember how Quill stems used to work lol

Edited by morneS555

An Epic requires more skill to ride than a Stumpy, the Stumpy makes up for a lack of skill ;) why else do you think all of us fatty EduroBros are on heavy bikes that don't pedal well?

Is that why you downgraded from a stumpy to the school bus?

yes. it just works as more spacers under your stem. They exist for when you need to raise a stem/handelbar but your steerer tube was cut too short/ was slammed. The stem clamps to this part...which in turns fits over the exposed steerer tube and clamps to that just like a normal stem would. It only gives you that 40mm od extra you didnt have under the stem before.

it doesnt change anything geometry wise that you couldn't have achieved with a normal uncut steerer setup in the first place. the only thing that might worry people is the extra connection....but then again people also ride Dual sus bikes where the rear triangles are only connected to the rest of the bike with a few bolts lol.

edit: also people worrying about them possibly sliding off the top obviously dont remember how Quill stems used to work lol

Yup, anyone with an old classic bike and modern stem handlebar combo knows this works

I have a box full of adapters working on the same principle, so far so good

Reebok Zjet 460 arrived on Tuesday, and also Spez 4iii crank arm power meter added onto my Swift Uvox.

Was the only treadmill that fitted into my budget that we could get without waiting weeks for it.

Paincave/home office set up. Just need to tidy up all the cables etc.

post-67394-0-09736300-1590655528_thumb.jpeg

Is that why you downgraded from a stumpy to the school bus?

Yes, the school bus requires even less skill to ride.