Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

I wonder which is better, the ring is certainly much smaller. I was surprised how thick the whoop is.

Although I drew the comparison, they are actually quite different. Whoop is aiming at the keen athlete while Oura is more overall health and wellness.

I’ll share some insights in a few weeks once there is enough trending data.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, not the most cost effective way to measure some metrics. But whoop comes with a subscription fee so you need to determine break-even point between the two.

Whoop definitely has a few more features and more aimed to the athlete. Ring seems to be more aimed at overall health and wellness.

Once I have a few weeks of data and insights I’ll post some info. So far, I can confirm ring is super comfortable and it’s fit and forget. After months sleeping with a Fenix5X Plus on my wrist this is a dream (pun intended).

Thanks

I’m far more interested in the sleep tracking side of things, but rest and recovery would also be cool.

BTW I read an article today that suggested the ring can pick up a fever a few days before it’s going to happen.

https://www.cogentindustries.co.za/product/speedsleev-ranger/

Bought it just before the lockdown ..... Cogent immediately contacted me to inform me they are waiting for stock, offered to send me another product or cash back.  I opted to wait.

We all know what happened to deliveries during lockdown .... 

Cogent kept me informed throughout.   :thumbup:   Their communication was simply superb.

Package was delivered during the weekend.

:clap:  Just packed it, and fitted to the bike.   :clap:

VERY happy with the product.  WELL thought out.  :thumbup:

Think I may wrap a layer of velcro around it, just for extra peace of mind.

Bought it just before the lockdown ..... Cogent immediately contacted me to inform me they are waiting for stock, offered to send me another product or cash back. I opted to wait.

Cogent kept me informed throughout. :thumbup: Their communication was simply superb.

:clap: Just packed it, and fitted to the bike. :clap:

VERY happy with the product. WELL thought out. :thumbup:

I've taken mine fully loaded on an Enduro ride for 3hours plus regularly and it never came loose

Just make sure the velcro straps overlap fully.

#sooskakaannwolkombers

Bought it just before the lockdown ..... Cogent immediately contacted me to inform me they are waiting for stock, offered to send me another product or cash back.  I opted to wait.

Cogent kept me informed throughout.   :thumbup:   Their communication was simply superb.

:clap:  Just packed it, and fitted to the bike.   :clap:

VERY happy with the product.  WELL thought out.  :thumbup:

Yip. Great product. I've had mine for ~one year and had no issues; no leaks, tube doesn't perish and I've had no worries about it coming loose. As said, get it nice and snug under the saddle and ensure the velcro is down and you'll have no problems.

Dankie. Dis goeie nuus.

Full overlap on the bottom section ????

I have two, great product. I think I may have told you about this before.

I pack mine quite full, with only a cm overlap of the straps at the bottom. I just take a long velcro and wrap it around the whole bag and rails in the same spot as the bag's strap. It works a treat. Mine are on my gravel and XC bike and have not fallen off at all. Rattle free, and dropper friendly.

I have two, great product. I think I may have told you about this before.

I pack mine quite full, with only a cm overlap of the straps at the bottom. I just take a long velcro and wrap it around the whole bag and rails in the same spot as the bag's strap. It works a treat. Mine are on my gravel and XC bike and have not fallen off at all. Rattle free, and dropper friendly.

That you did  :thumbup:   :clap:

Thanks to you I made the purchase.  Super happy how this fits with the dropper post

Thanks

I’m far more interested in the sleep tracking side of things, but rest and recovery would also be cool.

BTW I read an article today that suggested the ring can pick up a fever a few days before it’s going to happen.

I believe so. Also they running a case study on early COVID detection. I had to opt in for that to share data. Ring measures your body temperature so assume it’s using that along with respiratory rates etc. while you sleeping.

I believe so. Also they running a case study on early COVID detection. I had to opt in for that to share data. Ring measures your body temperature so assume it’s using that along with respiratory rates etc. while you sleeping.

One of the very early signs of an infection is a slightly elevated resting heart rate. It certainly seems plausible that it will be able to detect this a day or so before you notice anything else. But of course it will be non specific.

Will do, looks like it needs a good few days/weeks to get all the trending data. Ordered from their website, believe it’s the only way for now. I live in Dubai and it took 7 days, mate in Jozi ordered one before me and took about 10 days. So at least we know they can ship most places and delivery is reasonably quick.

Thanks for the response.. i have just been using the HRV4Training app on my phone but i found that the flashlight on the samsung S10 starts to burn my finger at about 40 seconds so i have to then use my chest HR strap etc etc.. just a mission