Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Experiment with some aftermarket carbon rim specific brake pads.

+1 here, it seriously improved my confidence on my Rovals. Frankly the same applied to my alu training rims. Pads can make a world of difference.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is my memory fading or did we have a long discussion in the past about discs not being necessary on road bikes? COuld be i am picking on the wrong person.

But enjoy nice bike.

Rim brakes are absolutely crap and everyone should move to disk.

I will happily take any Colnago C64 frames with direct mount brakes for bargain prices.You can thank me later that you not stuck with outdated technology [emoji3][emoji6]

I crashed a few days before lockdown, so as soon as trade was open again, I got this bad boy.

Generally a very nice bike, but the carbon wheels braking performance do not fill me with confidence in the dry, so am terrified to ride in the rain.

The price of the bike was attractive, especially since there was a R20K gap between this and the 2020 disc brake version. But I do wonder if I should make the switch to disc sooner rather than later - just to be a bit more 'future proof'.

Very nice and they weigh next to nothing[emoji106]

Cannondale Supersix Evo lashed with Concept Speed R60’s.

735f9f11636a86348d8022f34cec9b0f.jpg

7004d3f865714aaeea953779d192a83e.jpg

Lovely bike, nice to see a proper rim brake bike. Who owns the stolen bike now?

Rim brakes are absolutely crap and everyone should move to disk.

I will happily take any Colnago C64 frames with direct mount brakes for bargain prices.You can thank me later that you not stuck with outdated technology [emoji3][emoji6]

Pas the overflow to me please :)

Lovely bike, nice to see a proper rim brake bike. Who owns the stolen bike now?

A guy in Town. Its a long story and have a lot on my plate so letting it go. 

Shame, there is one other supersix high mod with American classics on in Cape Town, but has the older Dura Ace, he has been stopped once on a ride to ask where he got the bike from :P Lucky he knows me well and knows the full story!

After a long wait due to Covid my Factor VAM frameset finally arrived. Weighing in at a whopping 6.3kg!

Thats pretty awesome!

Like me, my bike is afraid of scales at the moment.

Cannondale Supersix Evo lashed with Concept Speed R60’s.

735f9f11636a86348d8022f34cec9b0f.jpg

7004d3f865714aaeea953779d192a83e.jpg

It obviously sucks big time that you got jacked and I wish that on no one but this is a nice outcome. Hope this doesn't come across as me being a box.

Your insurance must love you, you mos got the last bike by crashing the spez?

It obviously sucks big time that you got jacked and I wish that on no one but this is a nice outcome. Hope this doesn't come across as me being a box.

Your insurance must love you, you mos got the last bike by crashing the spez?

Insurance loves me, I only ever upgrade thanks to them.

TCR - 12500km before riding into a wall at a CRIT 

VENGE - 26000km before a somersault and a brain bleed.

SuperSIx - 42000km before 2 tik kops asked for the bike then ran after me. 

I guess insurance is probably bleak but I have only had a car claim once in 8 years and that was someone driving into me. I rode 280 times a year for past 4 years, so claims per rides done, pretty low.

Insurance loves me, I only ever upgrade thanks to them.

TCR - 12500km before riding into a wall at a CRIT 

VENGE - 26000km before a somersault and a brain bleed.

SuperSIx - 42000km before 2 tik kops asked for the bike then ran after me. 

I guess insurance is probably bleak but I have only had a car claim once in 8 years and that was someone driving into me. I rode 280 times a year for past 4 years, so claims per rides done, pretty low.

this explains why I am 

A - slow

B - fat

I need to up my mileage, downsize my bike collection/addiction and sew my greedy mouth shut

post-81229-0-89997400-1597225572_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waynemol

this explains why I am 

A - slow

B - fat

I need to up my mileage, downsize my bike collection/addiction and sew my greedy mouth shut

yeah me too

here I am celebrating today because I've just done more mileage than I did for the entire year last year, so heading for my biggest year yet.

But in comparison to Savage I havent even left the driveway yet.

this explains why I am 

A - slow

B - fat

It was a lot of riding to work though. So, not really sure that will count as great training.