Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been eyeing Garbaruk components for a while now, did you encounter any difficulties with bringing the parts in?

Service is impeccable - 4th order and so far never paid anything extra apart from clearance of R350 or so

Usually gets here in a week with DHL

Looks  :thumbup:

What wheels are they ? Cant make it out in the pic.

Tell how what they feel like compared to original wheels

I will. I'm frothing to get on the road and see what's what. The stock wheels weigh more than my car and the mavic something or others I had on were basically the same as the stock wheels with a bit of yellow.

They are Prime. CRC's inhouse brand. A mate of mine was selling his TCR (Not the one pictured) and it came with the wheels. My BIL was looking for a road bike so we did a bit of a 3 way deal. No France trip this year so it's wheel upgrade time.

I know that's quite probably the most common TCR colorway of all time but to me somehow mine looks a little bit better than the others. It could be that all of the others are still running that siff white bartape.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I crashed a few days before lockdown, so as soon as trade was open again, I got this bad boy.

Generally a very nice bike, but the carbon wheels braking performance do not fill me with confidence in the dry, so am terrified to ride in the rain.

The price of the bike was attractive, especially since there was a R20K gap between this and the 2020 disc brake version. But I do wonder if I should make the switch to disc sooner rather than later - just to be a bit more 'future proof'.

Lekker man. I've always wanted a Trek road bike.

Looks :thumbup:

What wheels are they ? Cant make it out in the pic.

Tell how what they feel like compared to original wheels

So yesterday I got struck down with a violent case of the sharts so no test ride. Anyways. Just did a little burn now.

I'm not so sure what the fuss is all about hey. They are much stiffer than my old wheels. The freehub sounds like a machine gun and they are 800 grams lighter than my old wheels. The carbon rolling makes a very distinctive sound and the 25mm tires run wider than they did on the stock Giant wheels. They also seem to pick up speed MUCH faster than the stock wheels.

They also make my bike look SICK!

Meh.

post-83454-0-01107500-1598248899_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duane_Bosch

So yesterday I got struck down with a violent case of the sharts so no test ride. Anyways. Just did a little burn now.

I'm not so sure what the fuss is all about hey. They are much stiffer than my old wheels. The freehub sounds like a machine gun and they are 800 grams lighter than my old wheels. The carbon rolling makes a very distinctive sound and the 25mm tires run wider than they did on the stock Giant wheels.

The fuss is there to help you cope with justifying the cost....

That's the best I'm able to come up with...

I'm not so sure what the fuss is all about hey. They are much stiffer than my old wheels. The freehub sounds like a machine gun and they are 800 grams lighter than my old wheels. The carbon rolling makes a very distinctive sound and the 25mm tires run wider than they did on the stock Giant wheels. They also seem to pick up speed MUCH faster than the stock wheels.

They also make my bike look SICK!

Meh.

attachicon.gifIMG-20200823-WA0028.jpg

think its time I move to Cpt again... those views :thumbup:  - including the bike offcourse :P

think its time I move to Cpt again... those views :thumbup:  - including the bike offcourse :P

That's in the reserve. The only people in there are the surfers and cyclists.