Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will it be ready for Dec? Also, can you connect it to IL?

yes and no - It will take a week or two.  You should be able to ride it on your gravel bike though so a sprint up the hill, a few laps and then roll back down for a few well earned beers and a braai at your site

make a build thread already

I don't consider myself to have a lot of luck per se but this is looking like I have struck gold

I know Rob who owns the Garden Route Trail Park but we aren't buddies.  Rather we have a mutual good mate who said just give Rob a call and ask him to build you a trail.

I was too scared of rejection so I whatsapped him and he asked me for a location pin.  He google earthed it and then came and walked it telling me his plans.  Clueless I just agreed, I mean WTF do I know?  

The lucky part is Rob like machines like we like bikes and he just got a new custom made trail cutter bit he was itching to test and so he's arrived on site a week early and digging away.  hasn't taken a coffee or tea break.  It already has berms and flow.

He will bring some guys at the end to compact it and shape it - I have to build the bridge over one of my fences and that will be my sole contribution (and cash but no where near what you'd think for this sort of thing)

I have my new MTB waiting for its maiden voyage and I've decided no place like home to break it in.

a mini trail park :eek:

You are a very very fortunate person!!!! I ride the forest near the hillclimb every December!

Fortunate to have made the decision to live in an area where a house on 3 hectares costs less than a 2 bedroom Seapoint flat

my freaking word .... looking at properties after what you just said ... some gems to be had for next to nothing compared to CT prices.

I have an average house, can sell this, buy a 3.7ha property and still build something decent on the land for around the same amount of money I can sell my house for ....... makes me think!

my freaking word .... looking at properties after what you just said ... some gems to be had for next to nothing compared to CT prices.

I have an average house, can sell this, buy a 3.7ha property and still build something decent on the land for around the same amount of money I can sell my house for ....... makes me think!

THE SITE ALSO HAS SEA VIEWS!

THE SITE ALSO HAS SEA VIEWS!

My trailpark (I do like saying that) has seaviews.   And I bought here 6 years ago.  I had two vintage Porsches which cost 300 each (midlife crises and a big loss)  Then 911's starting booming.  In 2 years I sold them and paid for this land which had an old cr@ppy farmhouse and then built my own offgrid timber house.  The cost at the time was a 1 bedroom seapoint flat with no views

I can see the mountain and the sea

I miss my 911's but did I mention I have a bike park in my yard (well will have soon)

Pack your bags, the Garden Route rocks

Edited by Waynemol

My trailpark (I do like saying that) has seaviews.   And I bought here 6 years ago.  I had two vintage Porsches which cost 300 each (midlife crises and a big loss)  Then 911's starting booming.  In 2 years I sold them and paid for this land which had an old cr@ppy farmhouse and then built my own offgrid timber house.  The cost at the time was a 1 bedroom seapoint flat with no views

I miss my 911's but did I mention I have a bike park in my yard (well will have soon)

I stayed with people in Knysna forest a couple years back. They are originally form Cape Town and are living there for a good few years now. The entire property is off grid and trails are just out their door.

My trailpark (I do like saying that) has seaviews. And I bought here 6 years ago. I had two vintage Porsches which cost 300 each (midlife crises and a big loss) Then 911's starting booming. In 2 years I sold them and paid for this land which had an old cr@ppy farmhouse and then built my own offgrid timber house. The cost at the time was a 1 bedroom seapoint flat with no views

Perfect

But can it at Crysis? Or Flight SIM 2020

That is always the question haha.

The 1080 may be an old card but still kicks, combine that with the 3700X and 32GB of RAM and you are sorted.

Crysis 3 at 1080p (very high + FXAA) you are looking at 111.4FPS. At 1440p same settings, you are safely over 60FPS.

MFS2020 is a kind of its own. 1080p ultra settings you are looking at 41FPS.

But hey, I am all for frame rates (so lower the quality is not an issue at all for me), need to fully utilise my 144Hz monitor.