Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

My trailpark (I do like saying that) has seaviews.   And I bought here 6 years ago.  I had two vintage Porsches which cost 300 each (midlife crises and a big loss)  Then 911's starting booming.  In 2 years I sold them and paid for this land which had an old cr@ppy farmhouse and then built my own offgrid timber house.  The cost at the time was a 1 bedroom seapoint flat with no views

I can see the mountain and the sea

I miss my 911's but did I mention I have a bike park in my yard (well will have soon)

Pack your bags, the Garden Route rocks

What ... is this an open hub invite for over the holiday season  :clap:

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What ... is this an open hub invite for over the holiday season :clap:

Uhm ....

I am just on the other side of the mountain ...

I have my bike ...

Holiday bags ARE packed ...

Was wondering if he needed an electric steam roller to compact the trail ....

Really need Comic Sans on the phone

• 2 weeks later...

Finished this one today for my boet and obviously had to go for a test ride ???? bike came out nice and light and a decent spec (SID rlc, XT 1x11, ecc hubs and carbon bar and seat post) only thing he disliked was the seat so anybody looking for a power saddle copy let me know.

Only thing with the Rockshox is that pushloc probably the most unreliable lockout lever so I stripped it and reworked it and now it works first time every time.

PS. The name means beast or savage fitting of the rider ????

post-80000-0-29575600-1600367981_thumb.jpg

post-80000-0-38790700-1600368000_thumb.jpg

post-80000-0-78582900-1600369274_thumb.jpg

Edited by Me rida my bicycle

Okay so maybe I am an idiot, and I know this has been asked before but can’t find the relevant posts, but how do I post a pic from my phone?

Okay so maybe I am an idiot, and I know this has been asked before but can’t find the relevant posts, but how do I post a pic from my phone?

scroll dooooowwwnnnnnnnnn .....

At the very bottom of the page you can select "Desktop view"

PS .... remember to scroll all the way down and select the view for the phone afterwards ....

scroll dooooowwwnnnnnnnnn .....

At the very bottom of the page you can select "Desktop view"

PS .... remember to scroll all the way down and select the view for the phone afterwards ....

Ah ha, thanks man. In this day and age.... Edited by Knersboy

Meet Mbuzi, Epic Evo Comp. Wheels upgraded, DT 350 hubs with DT XR391 rims, grips replace with Esi grips, Conceal tool added and XT pedals moved over from my old steed. Put an Ikon on the back and an Ardent race on the front (both 2.35 and Exo) because the Control casing stock tires that came with it don’t last a second with the razor sharp quartz here in the magaliesberg. Will add a Mountain Bandit tomorrow, saddle bad and dropper are not friends. Swapped out the Power saddle for a Phenom, my ass’ favorite.

Now I just gotta ride her, been friggin ill since last week so couldn’t ride this past weekend, there was a lot of forlorn staring going on.

post-67452-0-14758800-1600791711_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Knersboy

Just as my new DZR commuter shoes arrive, we get a 6 month WFH instruction 1f644.png

Thanks Jewbacs for the recommendation.

119987466_1238149586535733_7258519225017

Please report back on these

It's been a while since I have made a bike related purchase. Last weekend I splashed out and got this little purple device.

post-10758-0-93634300-1600977737_thumb.jpg

It wasn't cheap. Cost me $179 (nearly R2000 in SA money)

But if I use it correctly it's GUARANTEED to make me fitter, faster, improve balance, and skills.

It's pretty much like a Power Balance Band... except in stead of holograms this one is PROVEN to work. Many of the top pros have devices like this. It uses revolutionary technology called PRAK-TIS.

What is this miraculous little device?

... It's a 6 month pass to my local bike park.

Edited by patches

Please report back on these

They are pretty cool, but are one size too big. $70 shipping + $15 handling fee (they cost $99 so shipping is insane) means I won’t be sending them back, so will be looking for a new home while the smaller size gets here.

They are pretty cool, but are one size too big. $70 shipping + $15 handling fee (they cost $99 so shipping is insane) means I won’t be sending them back, so will be looking for a new home while the smaller size gets here.

You know what they say about men with small feet .....

Is the cleat "sunk" in the sole or do you sound like a tap dancer in the office?