Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Evil the following.

Fox 36, 140mm fork. Limited edition Rootbeer colour.

Industry Nine Trail280 carbon wheelset.

9point8 Dropper post, 150mm.

OneUp Carbon Handle Bars, 35mm Rise

OneUp EDC tool fitted in steerer.

Sram GX eagle 10-52t cassette and derailleur.

Sram XO1 Shifter

Sram Stylo 170mm carbon cranks

Shimano Saint brankes with IceTech 203mm rotors.

All built up and sold to me by Trailtech cycles. Excellent service.

post-19421-0-45526100-1607801401_thumb.jpgpost-19421-0-08059200-1607801431_thumb.jpg

Edited by NixM

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man that thing is awesome! I'm yet to see an Evil that I don't love.

Managed to find a bargain at Cyclelab this weekend. Was in there to buy a chain, ended up walking out with a smidge more than I bargained for  :ph34r: .

post-131650-0-38167000-1607925805_thumb.jpg

I'd been wanting to try something a little more svelte but aggressively knobbed, and as it happened they had ordered some 2.6 e-Agarro's for someone with an ebike, but hadn't had much interest in them otherwise. After a quick google I found that the e-Agarro and the normal Agarro are pretty much identical. I still asked for the discount from the R699 asking price, but the sales guy dejectedly told me that they hadn't marked them up right and they were being let go at cost basically (should have been R1400 a tyre). 

Let's see how they run on the stock 46mm rims. Profile still seems round enough, lets see how it goes when it tastes dirt! The Hulkbuster is now leaner (in profile at least, weight is unchanged by my gram-accurate saddle lift) and meaner.

Also, I'm rather fond of the green lightning bolt on the tyre that matches my bike...

Before:

post-131650-0-59861000-1607925781_thumb.jpg

post-131650-0-23447200-1607925827_thumb.jpg

After:

post-131650-0-71522200-1607925848_thumb.jpg

post-131650-0-21260100-1607925862_thumb.jpg

post-131650-0-91973700-1607925872_thumb.jpg

More a grudge purchase than a boast...

post-10758-0-76331200-1608234808_thumb.jpg

Snapped one on my last ride. Haven't bought a chain in ages and all my other bikes are 10sp, so this price was hard to stomach (about R680 equiv).

So, I sold my gravel bike, my hardtail, and Transition Sentinel frame all to build the dream "quiver killer" of a bike - a Yeti SB130.

Build list:

- Yeti SB130 Turq, Lunch Ride Edition

- Fox DPX2 shock

- Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate 150mm

- XO1 Eagle drivetrain

- Formula Cura 4 brakes

- One Up 180mm dropper

- Spez Power Arc saddle

- cSixx END carbon bars

- cSixx END 9 Series carbon rims

- CushCore inserts

- Spez Ground Control and Eliminator 2.6 tyres

- One Up EDC tool in the steerer tube

- Shimano XT trail pedals

- Fidlock bottle cage

14.3kg all in with everything listed above.

Absolute stunner of a build. All I still need to do to finish it off is get black decals for the handlebar and shock.

And... as luck would have it, I am sick, so I can just stare at it until I am healthy again.

post-82251-0-34881000-1608462768_thumb.jpg

So, I sold my gravel bike, my hardtail, and Transition Sentinel frame all to build the dream "quiver killer" of a bike - a Yeti SB130.

Build list:

- Yeti SB130 Turq, Lunch Ride Edition

- Fox DPX2 shock

- Rock Shox Lyrik Ultimate 150mm

- XO1 Eagle drivetrain

- Formula Cura 4 brakes

- One Up 180mm dropper

- Spez Power Arc saddle

- cSixx END carbon bars

- cSixx END 9 Series carbon rims

- CushCore inserts

- Spez Ground Control and Eliminator 2.6 tyres

- One Up EDC tool in the steerer tube

- Shimano XT trail pedals

- Fidlock bottle cage

14.3kg all in with everything listed above.

Absolute stunner of a build. All I still need to do to finish it off is get black decals for the handlebar and shock.

And... as luck would have it, I am sick, so I can just stare at it until I am healthy again.

attachicon.gif20201220_125941.jpg

Shizen! The rolling resistance an those tyres must be epic?

Evil the following.

Fox 36, 140mm fork. Limited edition Rootbeer colour.

Industry Nine Trail280 carbon wheelset.

9point8 Dropper post, 150mm.

OneUp Carbon Handle Bars, 35mm Rise

OneUp EDC tool fitted in steerer.

Sram GX eagle 10-52t cassette and derailleur.

Sram XO1 Shifter

Sram Stylo 170mm carbon cranks

Shimano Saint brankes with IceTech 203mm rotors.

All built up and sold to me by Trailtech cycles. Excellent service.

attachicon.gifIMG-20201201-WA0028.jpgattachicon.gifIMG-20201201-WA0031.jpg

Evil looks awesome.....Congrats! I too had a super experience dealing with Trail Tech Cycles.

Shizen! The rolling resistance an those tyres must be epic?

Nah, the Ground Control is an XC tyre, it rolls fast. The Eliminator rolls well too.

There isn't much of a weight difference between 2.3 versions and 2.6 versions either, to be honest the 2.6 is actually not much wider than 2.3, they just have more volume.

In fact, these roll a hell of alot faster than the 2.3 Aggressor / 2.5 DHF combo I usually run. I did the Brewery to Brewery a few months ago on this combo and can't say it hindered me much - it's obviously not an XC or marathon setup, but you'd be hard pressed to find a better "all rounder" trail setup than this.

96d70af1cb4f0e0811b483bbb24c77dc.jpg

It’s new and it’s amazing but I did not purchase it. The legends I ride with at Savage all chipped in and got me a 530 after all the incidents this year.

It’s been a long hard year, often at times feeling isolated. More than the Garmin just having friends passionate about riding and concerned about your well being was the highlight of my rough 2020.

I have cried many times in 2020, when my wife was not there my friends were and I am very grateful.

I am also very grateful to all the hubbers that also reached out to check on me when I was down.

Those damn onion cutting ninjas. What a bunch of legends.

Edited by mecheng89

Nah, the Ground Control is an XC tyre, it rolls fast. The Eliminator rolls well too.

There isn't much of a weight difference between 2.3 versions and 2.6 versions either, to be honest the 2.6 is actually not much wider than 2.3, they just have more volume.

In fact, these roll a hell of alot faster than the 2.3 Aggressor / 2.5 DHF combo I usually run. I did the Brewery to Brewery a few months ago on this combo and can't say it hindered me much - it's obviously not an XC or marathon setup, but you'd be hard pressed to find a better "all rounder" trail setup than this.

Nobody's judging you now that you riding a XC bike. There's a lot of those here, XC bikes

Nobody's judging you now that you riding a XC bike. There's a lot of those here, XC bikes

I punched a little hole in my DHR2 yesterday pretty much on the bead line ... so will have to find a new rear tyre.

So I took a look at the huuubber classifieds, and there really are very few trail tyres for sale at the moment. There is a DHR2 2.4" s9'er tyre that has my attention as it has the DH casing, but it is running Maaaxxxxxxxgrip, so I expect this to roll poorly and last as long as my legs on a short climb at the moment.

Keeping my eyes open for something to pop up, as laying down 1K for a new tyre just feels wrong right now.

I punched a little hole in my DHR2 yesterday pretty much on the bead line ... so will have to find a new rear tyre.

So I took a look at the huuubber classifieds, and there really are very few trail tyres for sale at the moment. There is a DHR2 2.4" s9'er tyre that has my attention as it has the DH casing, but it is running Maaaxxxxxxxgrip, so I expect this to roll poorly and last as long as my legs on a short climb at the moment.

Keeping my eyes open for something to pop up, as laying down 1K for a new tyre just feels wrong right now.

I have some very decent 2nd hands you can come fetch.

I'll send you some pics when I'm home

I have some very decent 2nd hands you can come fetch.

I'll send you some pics when I'm home

Oooo shotto :)