Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/8/2021 at 3:16 PM, TheoG said:

Whatever it is it look nice & neat !

Only issue with it is that you can't keep the smaller stuff in there

3 hours ago, MajG said:

What all does it power in the house?

and survives the 2hr plus loadshedding schedule?

This system powers the tv and wifi.  Working from home I connect my pc with dual screen to this as well.

Even during a 2 and a half hour loadshed it uses less than 50% of the battery.

As it is a gel battery with a 15A charger it is back to 90% before the second loadshed of the day.

The key parameters for me was that I want a pure sine wave for the electronics, AND fast charging so that multiple loadsheds in one day does not hurt the battery.  

It works so well that my wife only knows of loadshedding when she want to make coffee .... and then she has the otpion of using the kettle on the gas stove. :thumbup:

9 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

This system powers the tv and wifi.  Working from home I connect my pc with dual screen to this as well.

Even during a 2 and a half hour loadshed it uses less than 50% of the battery.

As it is a gel battery with a 15A charger it is back to 90% before the second loadshed of the day.

The key parameters for me was that I want a pure sine wave for the electronics, AND fast charging so that multiple loadsheds in one day does not hurt the battery.  

It works so well that my wife only knows of loadshedding when she want to make coffee .... and then she has the otpion of using the kettle on the gas stove. :thumbup:

Here I'm thinking the only thing that needs powering on is the coffee machine ????

On 6/6/2021 at 8:42 PM, Patchelicious said:

Not mine and I didn’t purchase it, but Oupa Patch bought Baby Patch his first bike today!

BEFEBF28-B2D4-4BD5-BFF8-FFB3EF8456C8.jpeg

3D40CDC1-FB54-4E42-AF4B-304554BB1B53.jpeg

R150k surely. Anything less than R100k and I will have to get one.

10 minutes ago, M L said:

I had to go look.

R18,000 - WTH! 

Stellenbosch Specialized had two in stock a few weeks back .... wonder how many is left ...

1 hour ago, Meezo said:

Here I'm thinking the only thing that needs powering on is the coffee machine ????

naa man, coffee connoisseurs dont need a coffee machine!! time to invest in a grinder and a bialleti, pour over, aero press, french, press etc. No need for fancy automated machines man. These are my favourite over a machine and great for loadshedding. I even have a moer koffee pot/kettle. Machine for the convenience tho.

14 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Stellenbosch Specialized had two in stock a few weeks back .... wonder how many is left ...

Seen teenagers here with R100k Santa Cruz Bronsons so anything is possible I guess.

2 hours ago, M L said:

I had to go look.

R18,000 - WTH! 

Or for the price of a decent carbon wheelset a Grandad gets to make a purchase that brings him more joy than any R300k+ Lambovello. It's a special moment, just enjoy it.

1 hour ago, BogusOne said:

1st bicycle related purchase in yonks.... Finally can finish my bike and get rolling again ????

IMG-3275.JPG

IMG-3276.JPG

Pics of completed fiets, please, A ????