Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, capediver said:

Adidas is making road shoes again....Throwback.....20210614_071900.jpg.9a8376de9fcc4b4ab3a76be4d4570671.jpg

If they ever make a Harry and the Henderson's sequel, you be sure to audition. 

Awesome kicks btw ;)

6 hours ago, capediver said:

???? best I coulda done is change the tyres to slicks to make it more believable!! Cool kicks tho!

Edit...guess these would have been more appropriate!

Velosamba.jpg

I wonder if you can properly ride in them though - I got some fancy looking sneakers and after 20km my feet hurt like hell 

As a now fully committed gravel biker it’s important I look as far removed from Lycra as possible (which I hide below my checked shirts and shorts

these adidas would really complete my look and maybe get back some cred my lack of beard is costing

having realised I can’t be fast, I’m focused on being cool

some of that wasn’t serious but I would really love a comfy but cool looking set of shoes 

1 hour ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

I wonder if you can properly ride in them though - I got some fancy looking sneakers and after 20km my feet hurt like hell 

As a now fully committed gravel biker it’s important I look as far removed from Lycra as possible (which I hide below my checked shirts and shorts

these adidas would really complete my look and maybe get back some cred my lack of beard is costing

having realised I can’t be fast, I’m focused on being cool

some of that wasn’t serious but I would really love a comfy but cool looking set of shoes 

Reports I have read about the Velosamba is that if anything they are comfortable....they have a recycled nylon inner to improve stiffness...Don't think they will replace true gravel shoes but as a casual commute shoe that will walk well off the bike, they got style! and BTW, almost impossible to find already unless you pay premium on Ebay...and Adidas.com does not ship internationally so you gotta go thru all sorts of hoops to get them direct online.... if they even got your size!

As for the Road Shoe (their name, not mine), they are really comfy, stiff and feel really close-fitting. Like the Velosamba, they also made from recycled products. Only thing I did notice is that the heel is a bit low so when you walk, they do tend to slide a bit so you got to go fairly tight with the laces at the end. Apparently they not too great in the wet cause they not as waterproof as traditional uppers made from closed cell material...these are that mesh/weave style, so you will get wet socks in a big down pour but I'm sure they will dry quick...same story for the Giro and Fizik woven ranges so there you go!

Edit: for real gravel comfort and coolness look no further than the Rapha Explore....the originals, not the new Powerweave version...weave for anything offroad is not going to look great after few rides...seen reports of fraying, the toe boot is not protected or lined outside to protect against stone strikes, stick with leather uppers...

Edited by capediver

2 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

If they ever make a Harry and the Henderson's sequel, you be sure to audition. 

Awesome kicks btw ;)

I was waiting......????????, last shoe pic I posted had similar comments!???????? My Dad told me when I was in high school not to shave my legs just because I was in the swimming team cause it will just grow back thicker...shoulda listened...my lap times never improved anyway!

I never shaved my back so I got no idea about that part!!????????Glad I didn't !!!!

10 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

Yup.

Ive got a tour coming up with a few long days out, but I was NOT going to put a saddle bag on my poor bikes.

Been eyeing those..full report especially wet weather please! As well as ease of access on the bike...seen some dislikes with the clipping system not able to secure it snugly??

Edited by capediver