Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

On 6/14/2021 at 10:33 AM, Eddy Gordo said:

toe clip shoes off 75% - www.daralnahda.com

Those old classic soccer boots are often repurposed by classic bike riders who use toe clips for events like Eroica. If you flatten the underside on a belt sander, they are the perfect cycling shoes and they look like the original period shoes too. If anyone has an old pair lying around in UK 8, let me know and I'll take it off your hands.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

Yup.

Ive got a tour coming up with a few long days out, but I was NOT going to put a saddle bag on my poor bikes.

Jokes aside, I like front pouches. Marsupials are rad.

I'm busy doing a front pouch/frame bag/dry bag combo project for my Tourer. It won't say Rapha but I will give myself a lifetime warranty on the stitching, zips and material!

12 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

I feel dirty 

D1907885-D74A-43D7-B919-731CC63E83B6.jpeg

To punish yourself, have you tilted the front of your saddle up a bit ?

I hope you have the matching fanny pack too

On 6/8/2021 at 11:09 AM, gummibear said:

Received these this morning.I’m keeping one and the other I’ll give to a mate for his birthday.

both are awesome and worth the money to replace those plastic things.Just so easy to remove the valves now and not get your fingers knocked on the spokes????????

which one do I keep though ????????

CB5B354A-55EF-4BB7-9E56-1024690CDE8C.jpeg

I got the Park Tool one last week. Much better than those plastic things. 

2 hours ago, DJR said:

Those old classic soccer boots are often repurposed by classic bike riders who use toe clips for events like Eroica. If you flatten the underside on a belt sander, they are the perfect cycling shoes and they look like the original period shoes too. If anyone has an old pair lying around in UK 8, let me know and I'll take it off your hands.

check mr price sports and maybe even mikes sports for a cheap pair of soccer shoes. Game should have olympics.

14 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Your bike got a hand bag!!!!!

13 hours ago, 'Dale said:

What was seen cannot be unseen. Intervention required, Bru ????

13 hours ago, 'Dale said:

(However @Patchelicious how else would you transport your recycled coffee pods?) ????

3 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Jokes aside, I like front pouches. Marsupials are rad.

I'm busy doing a front pouch/frame bag/dry bag combo project for my Tourer. It won't say Rapha but I will give myself a lifetime warranty on the stitching, zips and material!

3 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

This made my morning - I don’t care if you are doing the dirty kanza, your bike has a manbag 

I have some flannel shirts that no longer fit and I’ll scribble Rapha on them as a bonus

3 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Is that front skewer on the right way? 

2 hours ago, splat said:

To punish yourself, have you tilted the front of your saddle up a bit ?

I hope you have the matching fanny pack too

Who needs enemies. You bunch of morons! ????????????

6 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

Who needs enemies. You bunch of morons! ????????????

An enemy would at least show you mercy when you are down and beaten ............

My Klipsch earbud fell out on Wednesday while cycling and a tractor went over it.
Not paying a small fortune  for a pair again so ordered these off Amazon for €50.Read a few reviews and decided to give them a try.
Wow they actually sound great for the money.
Way better than original iPhone earbuds????
They also water resistant and come with a soft silicone cover to protect them from drops.

9A295857-2809-43F5-A750-DD1FEA1B1C7C.jpeg

67BD05AF-C055-4CA6-8956-7F6649838D07.jpeg

4666C2E1-660D-4C5A-9476-966D3045BA61.jpeg

35 minutes ago, gummibear said:

My Klipsch earbud fell out on Wednesday while cycling and a tractor went over it.
Not paying a small fortune  for a pair again so ordered these off Amazon for €50.Read a few reviews and decided to give them a try.
Wow they actually sound great for the money.
Way better than original iPhone earbuds????
They also water resistant and come with a soft silicone cover to protect them from drops.

9A295857-2809-43F5-A750-DD1FEA1B1C7C.jpeg

67BD05AF-C055-4CA6-8956-7F6649838D07.jpeg

4666C2E1-660D-4C5A-9476-966D3045BA61.jpeg

Come clean here Gummi ... were you riding illegally on a farmers land and he was chasing you with his tractor, your ear piece fell out and you were too scared/did not have the time to turn around and get it before the old timer in the tractor ran over it while still gunning for you?

15 hours ago, capediver said:

Been eyeing those..full report especially wet weather please! As well as ease of access on the bike...seen some dislikes with the clipping system not able to secure it snugly??

Clipping system is not the best, it comes with shoulder straps too so that you can use it like a real, man bag not to be confused with a real man, bag. This is for if you don't feel hipster enough.

On bike access is certainly easier than a saddle bag.

There are better options out there, I was actually keen a FARR, but there was some urgency getting it on time, and for once the Rapha one was one of the more cost effective ones.

https://ridefarr.com/int/product-category/bags-storage/