Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rocket-Boy said:

Has more money than 99% of South African's and buys the lowest end Spez he can find?!?

Good on him for not splashing out and buying the biggest meanest bike money can buy, and is clearly a bike that will serve as an entry level ride around bike. If the bug bites then I am sure he would upgrade.

Can you imagine the image that would generate at a time when the country is bleeding financially.

Now Percy is a damned fine wrench. He worked his way up under the watchful eye of the team at Action Cycles before they unfortunately closed their doors.

image.png.1bbadbaf4b349dbe6584cc0e4dde3e30.png

image.png.0e53238251d62081b9fe6552eb244184.png

Just now, Hairy said:

Good on him for not splashing out and buying the biggest meanest bike money can buy, and is clearly a bike that will serve as an entry level ride around bike. If the bug bites then I am sure he would upgrade.

Can you imagine the image that would generate at a time when the country is bleeding financially.

Now Percy is a damned fine wrench. He worked his way up under the watchful eye of the team at Action Cycles before they unfortunately closed their doors.

image.png.1bbadbaf4b349dbe6584cc0e4dde3e30.png

image.png.0e53238251d62081b9fe6552eb244184.png

It just get's better!!!!

image.png.055be2908062a121d02d579781a23468.png

On 6/18/2021 at 11:10 AM, gummibear said:

My Klipsch earbud fell out on Wednesday while cycling and a tractor went over it.
Not paying a small fortune  for a pair again so ordered these off Amazon for €50.Read a few reviews and decided to give them a try.
Wow they actually sound great for the money.
Way better than original iPhone earbuds????
They also water resistant and come with a soft silicone cover to protect them from drops.

9A295857-2809-43F5-A750-DD1FEA1B1C7C.jpeg

67BD05AF-C055-4CA6-8956-7F6649838D07.jpeg

4666C2E1-660D-4C5A-9476-966D3045BA61.jpeg

Hope those puppies are trektor-proof, @gummibear

35 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

UPS certainly made a mountain of a mole hill. Finally got home to my hugz...

IMG_6210.jpg

The best shoes on the planet! 

On 6/10/2021 at 6:00 PM, thebob said:

Finally! Super stoked

B3562B68-D155-4157-9F00-BD7F939F41F5.jpeg.43fd8d9dc73678bb3a57a8a13f6e6bff.jpeg

Is that Lyne's AMP Carbon wheelset?  Are you running their high engagement hub option?

Keen to hear your thoughts/opinion about these wheels, and specifically the hubs?

I finally bought a torque wrench on Saturday. Turns out all the bolts on the foil were almost at the exact correct spec anyway. My method of tightening till the very tip of the allen key flexed with minimal pressure was not too bad after all.

On 6/18/2021 at 6:31 AM, DJR said:

Those old classic soccer boots are often repurposed by classic bike riders who use toe clips for events like Eroica. If you flatten the underside on a belt sander, they are the perfect cycling shoes and they look like the original period shoes too. If anyone has an old pair lying around in UK 8, let me know and I'll take it off your hands.

8?!!

I last wore an 8 in ST1 (Gr 3) haha

1 minute ago, TNT1 said:

I finally bought a torque wrench on Saturday. Turns out all the bolts on the foil were almost at the exact correct spec anyway. My method of tightening till the very tip of the allen key flexed with minimal pressure was not too bad after all.

pro tip,  don't drop it. lol

4NM on mine feels different every time I use it now. Im back to using your method described above. I just crank it down and use it as a ratchet these days lol

12 minutes ago, Two-Stroke said:

Is that Lyne's AMP Carbon wheelset?  Are you running their high engagement hub option?

Keen to hear your thoughts/opinion about these wheels, and specifically the hubs?

Those are the ones and yes, running the high engagement hubs. Very happy with them so far. Previous bike had the Giant TRX 1 carbon wheels, can't say I notice anything worse than those with the Lynes. The engagement of the hubs is brilliant though. Zero dead spot and not too loud at all. Just nice hum from the hubs. At speed, you can't even hear them

3 hours ago, thebob said:

Those are the ones and yes, running the high engagement hubs. Very happy with them so far. Previous bike had the Giant TRX 1 carbon wheels, can't say I notice anything worse than those with the Lynes. The engagement of the hubs is brilliant though. Zero dead spot and not too loud at all. Just nice hum from the hubs. At speed, you can't even hear them

They will get louder though. Frequent cleaning and greasing keeps the noise in check. 

Mine sounds like a angry hornet when at speed.

2 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

They will get louder though. Frequent cleaning and greasing keeps the noise in check. 

Mine sounds like a angry hornet when at speed.

I used some DT Swiss star ratchet grease on them when I got them. Been nice and muted since. The Deed wheels that came with the bike are another story though. Those hubs growl like an angry Pit Bull