Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, TNT1 said:

I filled up with petrol yesterday. With the price per litre, that feels like a brag, especially since the needle was way below 1/4...

Do petrol bikes belong in this thread.....

I full up once a week and stopped looking at the price /liter long ago, it’s like tax, my moet net *** en

3 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Do petrol bikes belong in this thread.....

I full up once a week and stopped looking at the price /liter long ago, it’s like tax, my moet net *** en

Years ago when I had a bike. I used it to commute. I think I use 20 to 50 bucks on fuel for the week, including driving around on weekends. Whats the fuel cost now to run a 750cc?

3 minutes ago, Rolf Hansen said:

Might not seem like much but for some reason my bike did not want to go without it. 

Super chuffed that I will be able to ride again this weekend. IMG_20210916_132753.jpg.2184704edb1b7b198777e903f67a8862.jpg

One of those tiny little things that you simply cant go without .... ????

Recently bought one of these:

https://archercomponents.com/

Absolutely love it, shifting is a pleasure and perfect every single time.  Much cheaper than both Shimano & Sram wireless products.  imho, better solution than Di2 that still require electrical wiring (to "replace cables") and with AXS still the ultimate solution but at a hefty price point.

D1x Trail Shifter w/ Standard Remote

Edited by TheoG

4 hours ago, TheoG said:

Absolutely love it, shifting is a pleasure and perfect every single time.  Much cheaper than both Shimano & Sram wireless products.  imho, better solution than Di2 that still require electrical wiring (to "replace cables") and with AXS still the ultimate solution but at a hefty price point.

Remote for road bars?

22 minutes ago, capediver said:

Remote for road bars?

Yes, they have, I'm not a roadie so dont know if and how well it work on road bike.  Check on their website, under "Shop".

image.png.6e03a6e27835d2522bb7b5bb4d76e134.png

image.png.60dcb72d9522b1d4c610f6a8b768d57b.png

Edited by TheoG

4 hours ago, TheoG said:

Did you purchase these locally or bring them in? What does the setup cost if you don't mind me asking?

I ordered directly from them.  $369.0 - $55.35(Discount) + $48.92(Shipping) + R904.65 (Import Duties) = ~ R6.2k

I had it in the cart for a day or so and they emailed and offer the discount to conclude the transaction.

image.png.295c02ea365d9a61d656b868ab11676b.png

Edited by TheoG

14 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I ordered directly from them.  $369.0 - $55.35(Discount) + $48.92(Shipping) + R904.65 (Import Duties) = ~ R6.2k

I had it in the cart for a day or so and they emailed and offer the discount to conclude the transaction.

image.png.295c02ea365d9a61d656b868ab11676b.png

Awesome! Thank you so much for the feedback Theo. I hope you still enjoying the helmet. 

5 minutes ago, Dust46! said:

Awesome! Thank you so much for the feedback Theo. I hope you still enjoying the helmet. 

Yes thanks, I like it very much.

5 hours ago, TheoG said:

Someone GAVE one of these away a couple of weeks ago on the hub. Was gutted I missed it.

What's the shifting speed like? I read a few reviews saying it was a little slower than mechanical shifting.

1 minute ago, Trashy said:

Someone GAVE one of these away a couple of weeks ago on the hub. Was gutted I missed it.

What's the shifting speed like? I read a few reviews saying it was a little slower than mechanical shifting.

Really for free? Wow.  Maybe it was the first version (DX1) the second revision (DX1 Trail) does shift a bit faster apparently.  The SRAM AXS is definitely faster don't know about Di2.  Compared to a cable shifter, shifting is so smooth that I can honestly not "feel" that it is slower than a cable shifter.

Remember the derailleur mechanism is near linear but do have some non-linear behavior on the "outer gears".  A cable shifter can not account for that, it pull the same amount for each and every shift.  Hence cable shifting can be very good, but will never be "perfect".

Believe me this is so smooth because its very close to perfect.  For the first time ever I do not cringe to shift under load.