Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I bought the only Formula Cura 2 brake set (then) left in the Western Cape. Already fitted myself (a first for me) and will test them out tomorrow. Should be better than my XTRs that do not have any life left. 

Edited by Ysterpikkewyn

8 hours ago, Ysterpikkewyn said:

Yesterday I bought the only Formula Cura 2 brake set (then) left in the Western Cape. Already fitted myself (a first for me) and will test them out tomorrow. Should be better than my XTRs that do not have any life left. 

You only needed to buy new pads for the XTR brakes and they are new again ...  ???  Unless the calipers and or levers are damaged in some way, if not, I'm a bit befuddled ...

Formula Cura 2 nice breaks though ...

43 minutes ago, TheoG said:

You only needed to buy new pads for the XTR brakes and they are new again ...  ???  Unless the calipers and or levers are damaged in some way, if not, I'm a bit befuddled ...

Formula Cura 2 nice breaks though ...

Yes, I bought new pads, rotors and cables. Had them rebled and worked well for about 2 rides. I think there is a leak on the calipers of the XTRs. They are 6 years old though. 

Where are the "good old days" of using a dyno to power the lights on a bicycle .... :whistling:

Now it is a mobile assortment of electrical goodies :

- front light, off course USB rechargeble

- rear light, off course USB rechargeble

- GoPro, off course USB rechargeble, with a number of spare batteries ...

- Garmin cycle computer, off course USB rechargeble

- Garmin watch, off course USB rechargeble

- cell phone, off course USB rechargeble

When you get home after a ride it is one MESS of wires and plugs .... Eventually I had enough of this mess, and made a charging rack.  For good measure these charging points are fed of a 12V battery which is charged via a PV panel.

Tuis.jpg.88595c21014af88ede53efe06b15c942.jpg

BUT .... what to do when away on a cycling holiday .... real P.I.T.A. to get everything charged .....  So before our last trip I bought this -

Weg.jpg.8245c2cba7970505b706bb14680cbf65.jpg

Nice 6-port setup.  Plug everything in after the ride, and it is ready by the next ride.

7 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Where are the "good old days" of using a dyno to power the lights on a bicycle .... :whistling:

Now it is a mobile assortment of electrical goodies :

- front light, off course USB rechargeble

- rear light, off course USB rechargeble

- GoPro, off course USB rechargeble, with a number of spare batteries ...

- Garmin cycle computer, off course USB rechargeble

- Garmin watch, off course USB rechargeble

- cell phone, off course USB rechargeble

When you get home after a ride it is one MESS of wires and plugs .... Eventually I had enough of this mess, and made a charging rack.  For good measure these charging points are fed of a 12V battery which is charged via a PV panel.

Tuis.jpg.88595c21014af88ede53efe06b15c942.jpg

BUT .... what to do when away on a cycling holiday .... real P.I.T.A. to get everything charged .....  So before our last trip I bought this -

Weg.jpg.8245c2cba7970505b706bb14680cbf65.jpg

Nice 6-port setup.  Plug everything in after the ride, and it is ready by the next ride.

Is the hammer to set the gears or service the e-bike motor?

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

Is the hammer to set the gears or service the e-bike motor?

The tapperometer is for pesky sram fine tuning .....

Put into early retirement as I now only have Shimano ....

3 minutes ago, Many Lemons said:

Slowly but surely been upgrading my 9.8 but I'm especially digging the Fox Transfer dropper fitted this week.

PSX_20210925_080735.jpg

Are you the same "lemons" guy that does graffiti / street art?

15 minutes ago, Many Lemons said:

Nope! Drawing stick figures is where my creative talent ends ????

At least you have good and run with #TanWalls4TheWin!

On 9/25/2021 at 5:57 PM, Many Lemons said:

Slowly but surely been upgrading my 9.8 but I'm especially digging the Fox Transfer dropper fitted this week.

PSX_20210925_080735.jpg

Many, that bike looks so stealth, awesome. Quick question.....i have a spark rc 900 wc and i want to fit a dropper as well. Had one previously on my hard tail and loved it. It seems stock is a major issue now. I had a Lyn internal, had no issues, so what buying options do i have, or do i need to look at import? Also want to know how the lever will be placed seeing as i have the twin lock, but i am sure it should not be a problem. 

1 hour ago, Spafsack said:

Many, that bike looks so stealth, awesome. Quick question.....i have a spark rc 900 wc and i want to fit a dropper as well. Had one previously on my hard tail and loved it. It seems stock is a major issue now. I had a Lyn internal, had no issues, so what buying options do i have, or do i need to look at import? Also want to know how the lever will be placed seeing as i have the twin lock, but i am sure it should not be a problem. 

The Bontrager DropLock can work. It takes two suspension lock cables as well as a dropper cable. The only thing you need to be aware of is which way round your dropper cable goes. Some have the ball at the dropper side and some at the lever side. There are other brands as well, but this one works really well. https://www.trekbikes.com/za/en_ZA/equipment/cycling-components/bike-stems-seatposts/bike-seatposts-accessories/bike-seatpost-parts-and-accessories/bontrager-droplock-remote/p/33107/?colorCode=black