Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

2 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

Some new lights, as I grew weary of lugging around a front light with a cumbersome battery. 

Some new sunnies from D'Arcs, local is lekker. Been looking for a new photochromic pair, and they look sick to boot. 

20220110_203640.jpg

Do share your experience once you've had a proper test of that front light. My light battery (and finding somewhere neat / secure to mount it) is becoming a pain in the arse. 

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, TyronLab said:

Do share your experience once you've had a proper test of that front light. My light battery (and finding somewhere neat / secure to mount it) is becoming a pain in the arse. 

I cant seem to find the thread, but I did a mini review after I got mine.

I found there were times I wished it was brighter when commuting early evening, its more to do with oncoming lights slightly dazzling your eyes and then the bike light is not bright enough to pick up potholes, but without oncoming traffic it is brilliant. Mine is setup with the 4 modes as Daytime Flash - lowest constant shine - mid power shine - max power, I would mostly commute with it on the mid power mode, switching to max in certain sections and then cycling back to mid power.

I no longer commute, but use it on every training ride in daytime flash mode or lower power when needed.

It did give me some hassle recently after I got caught in a torrential down pour. I did not have the rubber seal over the charging port closed properly. Fortunately I was able to clean the circuit board and spray with silicon spray and its working 100% again.

Being connected with the rear light is such a pleasure, turn on the front light and the rear activates seconds later, likewise for turning off.

image.png.54c2658a12a49bd4f0e9cb119cd660a5.png

Most of my "fun-money" purchases these days feature on the "Post Your Woodwork" thread, however a recent roadtrip down to Christchurch and Queenstown gave me a serious case of the fomos when seeing all the bling MTB's, riders cruising through the town for a bite to eat after a day on the trails, and not to mention the dozens of bike shops packed within less than 1km².

So I bit and bought myself a Mons Royale merino wool top.

Mons Royale Men's Redwood Enduro VT Clearance

The style is like 3 seasons old, but that means it was half price (65 NZD or approx. R680). I still can't justify full price, even if merino wool has magical properties.

Now to actually get out on the bike while it's still summer 😅

Edited by patches

Had to buy some new tires the other day, lbs only had stock of Hansdamph and Magic Mary. I was reluctant to switch from maxxis but I'm glad I did. Really lekker tires.
Also got this waist bag fanny pack thing because my back pack was just not working lekker in this heat and humidity. Have done a few rides with it now and its a lekker bag. I don't even notice it.

On 1/11/2022 at 3:17 PM, ouzo said:

I cant seem to find the thread, but I did a mini review after I got mine.

I found there were times I wished it was brighter when commuting early evening, its more to do with oncoming lights slightly dazzling your eyes and then the bike light is not bright enough to pick up potholes, but without oncoming traffic it is brilliant. Mine is setup with the 4 modes as Daytime Flash - lowest constant shine - mid power shine - max power, I would mostly commute with it on the mid power mode, switching to max in certain sections and then cycling back to mid power.

I no longer commute, but use it on every training ride in daytime flash mode or lower power when needed.

It did give me some hassle recently after I got caught in a torrential down pour. I did not have the rubber seal over the charging port closed properly. Fortunately I was able to clean the circuit board and spray with silicon spray and its working 100% again.

Being connected with the rear light is such a pleasure, turn on the front light and the rear activates seconds later, likewise for turning off.

Works like a bomb when connected to the Lezyne heads up unit.

20220113_185522.jpg

20220113_185545.jpg

20220113_185557.jpg

20220113_185604.jpg

20220113_185615.jpg

25 minutes ago, Pieterlab1 said:

USWE RAW 3

USWE 2.jpg

USWE 1.jpg

Nice!! I have been using one for a while now. Looks like a diff model though. They are extremely comfy and the no dancing monkey is a joy!!