Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

Haha yeah I tried to but the picture exceeds the 4mb limit, anyone know a workaround?

Email it to yourself and then it asks you the size you want to convert the image to.

1 minute ago, M L said:

Email it to yourself and then it asks you the size you want to convert the image to.

Thanks bru but I have luckily figured it out, feel free to scroll up to view the image of the build so far

48 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

A couple of early morning rides through the micro-climate that is Constantia/Tokai taught me that my long-finger gloves were not up to the task of 3 degrees C with wind chill.

Picked these up on the Ciovita sale, tested them out this morning, very nice! 

image.png.3570effe72ebe909300f8fa803a4edd9.png

Yep, round here in Tokai/Constantia your hands get COLD especially in the Greenbelt. I have ridden there recently and could not feel the hands and feet for a few minutes afterwards haha

26 minutes ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

Yep, round here in Tokai/Constantia your hands get COLD especially in the Greenbelt. I have ridden there recently and could not feel the hands and feet for a few minutes afterwards haha

On one particularly cold morning, I stopped at a robot and found myself looking longingly at the warm exhaust pipe of the car stopped next to me 🙈

29 minutes ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

commuting in winter has taught me that on those really cold mornings, a pair of surgical gloves under your normal gloves can be a life saver

26 minutes ago, Hairy said:

commuting in winter has taught me that on those really cold mornings, a pair of surgical gloves under your normal gloves can be a life saver

That's actually a great tip, thanks Hairy! I will certainly use that next time I am commuting when it is cold

1 hour ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

That's actually a great tip, thanks Hairy! I will certainly use that next time I am commuting when it is cold

I tried that once, when I pulled the surgical gloves off a stream of sweat poured out.

Never realised my hands sweated so much when I cycled.

1 hour ago, FondTF2 said:

Two new batteries for our inverter. R4000 each.

Forgot how expensive they are. 

What batteries did you get from where?  GEL or AGM?  At that price probably not Lithium?

32 minutes ago, TheoG said:

What batteries did you get from where?  GEL or AGM?  At that price probably not Lithium?

Gel Deep Cycle from Maiden Electronics. 

R3850 to be exact