Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am not allowed to bolster the local economy by making online purchases in SA.  But I am able to import bike parts and have them delivered to my front door?

There seems to be a lack of serious thought going into economic decisions

Anyway, I have some new bling for a new gravel build I can't do 

That will look GOOD on my Blue Beast .... already have the matching pedals .... :drool:  :drool:

post-110956-0-94730600-1588701893_thumb.jpg

GENIET jou bou-projek  :thumbup:

Edited by ChrisF

Just collected a used Signal S940 2020 model. Still looks like out the box plus previous owner upgraded the cable brakes to hydraulic. Just my luck.

I opted to spend less on a bike in order to use remaining cash to upgrade the way I'd like. I could have just dumped 15k into a new bike and that would be the end, but didn't want to do that.

Next up I plan to replace the cheap Chinese 28mm coil fork on here with a Suntour Raidon 32 air and may put a stans Wheelset. Got the fresh bontrager set up tubeless.

Bike comes with a L-Twoo 1x10 drive train. Online reviews of their components seems good... I'll give it a try, perhaps later in the year 1x11 kits will become cheaper and I will get that.

It's red, so it's fast... Its work in progress. Haha532b7078744c1f1ec4bc91a9a0c6faba.jpg

So I am not allowed to bolster the local economy by making online purchases in SA. But I am able to import bike parts and have them delivered to my front door?

There seems to be a lack of serious thought going into economic decisions

Anyway, I have some new bling for a new gravel build I can't do

So nice.

Upgrades fitted. SR Suntour Raidon RLO and stans crest wheelset with 3.30 hubs. I like the white spokes.... Just from lifting the bike can feel there was plenty weight saving. Coil Zoom fork and the No name wheelset is heavy. 20234666e68a2dbc8ce3020f01ad0fb5.jpg

I never thought that tyres would be beautiful - but after hearing everyone talk about them for ages, they have near mythical status...

Strangely, I didn't order the TL version as I didn't have good experiences with road tubeless, but now that I have them I might change my mind

post-615-0-84978300-1589465472_thumb.jpg

Now if my bike can just hurry up and arrive I can play with these things.

attachicon.gif3A374F0A-077D-49C3-B140-402ECD75E057.jpeg

I had a Honda Civic VTEC on order when they first came out. 6 months delivery, only a month in we had the grand old Rand Show (when it was still lekker) I purchased Alpine deck, 6 disc changer, monster cables and amp and a carpeted box for the boot, oh and some new pioneer 6X9’s which fitted into the existing speaker holders so no cutting the backboard.

Those were the LONGEST 5 months of my life!!

Edited by WrightJnr

I had a Honda Civic V-Tech on order when they first came out. 6 months delivery, only a month in we had the grand old Rand Show (when it was still lekker) I purchased Alpine deck, 6 disc changer, monster cables and amp and a carpeted box for the boot, oh and some new pioneer 6X9’s which fitted into the existing speaker holders so no cutting the backboard.

Those were the LONGEST 5 months of my life!!

Hahaha! Jis man I can imagine. I waited close to a year for my bike, built it and rode for about two months, came home for a “short” holiday. Now it has been another two months where it has been gathering dust in our flat in Kuwait, we had our flat packed up last week and organised the stuff to be flown here. Now they are on full lock down till heaven knows when so I’m not sure how long I have to wait again. I should name the bike patience.

Hahaha! Jis man I can imagine. I waited close to a year for my bike, built it and rode for about two months, came home for a “short” holiday. Now it has been another two months where it has been gathering dust in our flat in Kuwait, we had our flat packed up last week and organised the stuff to be flown here. Now they are on full lock down till heaven knows when so I’m not sure how long I have to wait again. I should name the bike patience.

Damn dude lots of patience there man. The bike would of been the first items to go with me.

Damn dude lots of patience there man. The bike would of been the first items to go with me.

Jis dude, I was swaying this way and that way if it was worth paying $200 to bring it for a two week holiday. Now I wish I did.