Extreme Lights & Pyro Lights - Groupon Deal?

Caerus

From my side, the site said Extreme light however the order confirmation said Pyro LED cycling lights... to me personally that is two different brands.

i totally agree with you, and i would also be pissed, but lets be honest, was it their mistake in using a very well run marketing campaign or where you maybe too hasty to do the deal without reading properly?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i totally agree with you, and i would also be pissed, but lets be honest, was it their mistake in using a very well run marketing campaign or where you maybe too hasty to do the deal without reading properly?

Then why is Pyro Lights also unhappy about this, it was their advert and had another company piggybacking their advert.

Then why is Pyro Lights also unhappy about this, it was their advert and had another company piggybacking their advert.

From the sounds of it it actually looks like Groupon actually bought all their stock, well that's what the pyro website lists, so in that case i suppose they can actually market the 2 products together?

Of course I was maybe too hasty which I never denied and its not what I am trying to argue here. What I am trying to argue is the point of having two different products to what I originally ordered. Site said Extreme Lights however the order confirmation mentions nothing about the Extreme Light but rather mentions the fact that I just saved 54% on a Pyro LED cycling lights. Maybe I am being slow here but to me I should now be expecting a product that makes use of a Pyro LED light... or am I wrong? Not sure, just wanting to find out what I should be expecting?

Of course I was maybe too hasty which I never denied and its not what I am trying to argue here. What I am trying to argue is the point of having two different products to what I originally ordered. Site said Extreme Lights however the order confirmation mentions nothing about the Extreme Light but rather mentions the fact that I just saved 54% on a Pyro LED cycling lights. Maybe I am being slow here but to me I should now be expecting a product that makes use of a Pyro LED light... or am I wrong? Not sure, just wanting to find out what I should be expecting?

If in doubt rather cancel the sale and get your money back, i am with you on this, rather safe than sorry.

I have purchased a few thing from these guys and the invoice usually only carry's the marketing splurb, in essence these guys sell thing everyday which they really have no or little knowledge of anyway.

From the sounds of it it actually looks like Groupon actually bought all their stock, well that's what the pyro website lists, so in that case i suppose they can actually market the 2 products together?

Well this is NOT what Pyro Lights are saying. How can groupon just deciede to run its own deal alongside another company? Either Pyro Lights are lying to me or they have marketed this so well its left me retarded.

Just had a look at the deal, there are three deals. One is clearly marked as "Extreme Light 1200 LED". The other two are clearly marked as "Pyro 1000 LED" and "Pyro 2000 LED".

I think Pyro has a leg to stand on if Extreme Lights is in fact a separate entity and they piggy backed on the deal.

Although I don't think that there is any foul play here at trying to market something which it is not. Everything is clearly marked if you read the details.

So in fact I have no idea who I bought from or what I am getting. Who would you go bback to for complaints of if something was wrong, what about accesories who do I go to. Extreme Lights seems to be a front for something else, not sure 1005 yet, but this stinks.

Just had a look at the deal, there are three deals. One is clearly marked as "Extreme Light 1200 LED". The other two are clearly marked as "Pyro 1000 LED" and "Pyro 2000 LED".

I think Pyro has a leg to stand on if Extreme Lights is in fact a separate entity and they piggy backed on the deal.

Although I don't think that there is any foul play here at trying to market something which it is not. Everything is clearly marked if you read the details.

Everything is clearly marked including the order confirmation:

Thank you for ordering this Groupon "Shopping: Pyro LED cycling lights". You just saved 54%.

So I should be expecting a product with a Pyro LED in it?

98% of all these lights are the same Magichine's with different names on it. One dont get a Pyro LED or Extreme LED. Order direct from Dealextreme for $50, thats now with a 3 week waiting for delivery.

Groupon changed it.... in the beginning up until about 12ish... it said " Pyro 1200" , "Pyro 1000 ", " Pyro 2000 "

Edited by Rebelking

Groupon changed it.... in the beginning up until about 12ish... it said " Pyro 1200" , "Pyro 1000 ", " Pyro 2000 "

Interesting!

Well i just ordered myself a Pyro 2000 from them for R1499, Will let you know when i receive, great product, great price includes shipping and having had past experience from them i am confident it will be ok.

What I do have a problem with is that if I was satisfied with the info on the page about the lights details and never clicked on the link that says, click here for more info, You would assume the deal is for a "Extreme light"( nas this is a brand) from Pyros Lighting, its all under one title, not buy these two Pyros Lights from Pyros, then buy this one light from Extreme Lights.

Its all in the wording, it should be more clear.

What I do have a problem with is that if I was satisfied with the info on the page about the lights details and never clicked on the link that says, click here for more info, You would assume the deal is for a "Extreme light"( nas this is a brand) from Pyros Lighting, its all under one title, not buy these two Pyros Lights from Pyros, then buy this one light from Extreme Lights.

Its all in the wording, it should be more clear.

Agreed

Well i just ordered myself a Pyro 2000 from them for R1499, Will let you know when i receive, great product, great price includes shipping and having had past experience from them i am confident it will be ok.

Where did you order that from?