Cycling SA Olympic Squad Announced

Matt

So to make space for Cherise who would you leave out ?? I'm sure whoever there would be plenty of reason's why they should not.

Lots of negatives but no suggestions.

Scotty.....I think that is the thing......

there are plenty of girls who deserve this.

And the current selection cannot be faultered.

But in Gr12 they tell you % to pass to get your certificate.

Varsity they tell you you must do this and this and this to get your degree.

Surely if CSA tells you you must to this to get selection and you DON'T get, you must wonder why?

So here is the question....

Who is the 3 girls with the most UCI points?

Who is currently injured, who is not?

Etc. etc.

Blah blah.

Not my place and I don't envy who had the job. Thing is.....set the criteria....stay with it.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why did Mrs Stander not taking part of Tour of Free State and how will they know if she is peaking or not???

on the womens side is it not about sending support for ashleigh in stead of another leader? either way would have expected Mrs Stander there........hope she focuses on MTB and gets on the Spez pro team, they need a strong chick in XC......

Ah so drop Joanna no Robyn no Ashleigh :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Not my place and I don't envy who had the job. Thing is.....set the criteria....stay with it.

Sums up what Andrew mentioned on SC last night.

I wonder why did Mrs Stander not taking part of Tour of Free State and how will they know if she is peaking or not???

Uuuuhm, she was busy becoming Mrs Stunder, something that was organised a while before she knew the dates of the TdFS and if it was part of any criteria.

Yip.....what JA-Q001 said....

Was not part of the criteria.

I'm happy for Daryl Impey.

He's had it tough in the last year or two and this year everything is going well.

He's also from my side of the world :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Got to love politics........

Story of cycling in SA. Talent gets you so far, ass licking gets you the rest of the way.

Is Daryl not riding Tour de France then?

According to Greenedge, he is...

That's why i am asking :unsure:

Like I said, SACF, sorry, cricket south africa, seems to be led by a bunch of incompetents.

Why the hell they had to change the name to one whose initials is the same as the cricketers is beyond me.

Yep tough choices as the SC panel said. whoever gets left out is unfortunate. Impey seemed to be a common choice and Taylor not. Well done CSA!!

burry and sifiso were obvious choices.

The rest make up the numbers.

Am i grossly uninformed, will we see a top 20 result from anyone else in this squad?

burry and sifiso were obvious choices.

The rest make up the numbers.

Am i grossly uninformed, will we see a top 20 result from anyone else in this squad?

According to his coach Burry will nail gold in the Olympics.................doubt it