AM tyres... what you running?

patches

1 hour ago, Thermophage said:

You do find them occasionally of late as Rush brought in some DHR2.

Having run this tread pattern I would suggest you get a different tyre for the rear if you like something that will give you control.

In my experience, the Spez Butcher in Grid Gravity will be immensely better in all categories (rolling, braking, cornering and sidewall strength) than the DRH2 in DD...Also...It's readily available locally, unlike the DD.

I was quite severely underwhelmed by the strength of teh DD casing overall, after having searched so damn long for one as EXO+ is basically a recipe for plugs and rim dings on TM area for me.

Those Grid Gravity from Spez and SuperGravity from Schwalbe blow it completely out of the water.

For what it's worth, i woudl still run an insert with the DD< but zero need (unless you're a real chonker or big dude) with Grid Gravity and SuperGravity. I can get away on TM and signal hill with 25 and 24PSI respectively in the rear tyre with those and not ping rims. Haven't had a need to go lower.

I ride TM and tokai mostly, so the terrain is similar to yours.

These DD are scarce, rush sports responded to me that they do have in stock I just need to order via a store.

However, basis these inputs I then seriously need to consider using spez butchers Grid Gravity.

I'm not heavy, more lack of skill resulting in my rear tyre taking a hard beating and even more so when on the hardtail.

Shot for the input 👌🏽 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, MajG said:

I ride TM and tokai mostly, so the terrain is similar to yours.

These DD are scarce, rush sports responded to me that they do have in stock I just need to order via a store.

However, basis these inputs I then seriously need to consider using spez butchers Grid Gravity.

I'm not heavy, more lack of skill resulting in my rear tyre taking a hard beating and even more so when on the hardtail.

Shot for the input 👌🏽 

Pleasure dude, I'm certain you'll prefer that Butcher to a DHR2 and the casing is superb.

Chat to SJ at Revolution, he's the most likely to have for ya :)