Peter Sagan - Hero or Zero

Cav'

Sagan Hero or Zero  

235 members have voted

1. 1. What do you reckon ?

• Hero
    • Zero
  2. 2. Is he the next best thing in pro cycling ?

• Yay
    • Nay

Sagan set to win Porsche in Paris

Points leader in line to collect on bet made with Liquigas team boss

Having bagged three stages and all but wrapped up victory in the points competition, Peter Sagan has admitted that he already has his eye on the Tour de France's final stage finish on the Champs Elysées. But even if the Slovak misses out in Paris, he’s still set for a nice bonus as he prepares to collect on a pre-race bet made with Team Liquigas president Paolo Zani.

In the days before the race started in Liège, Sagan asked Zani whether he would give him a car if he could win the green jersey in Paris. OK, Zani said, but to claim it you also have to win two stages. With three in the bag, all Sagan now has to do is cross the finishing line in Paris in green to collect the Porsche that Zani put up as an incentive to the Slovak sensation.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sagan set to win Porsche in Paris

Points leader in line to collect on bet made with Liquigas team boss

Having bagged three stages and all but wrapped up victory in the points competition, Peter Sagan has admitted that he already has his eye on the Tour de France's final stage finish on the Champs Elysées. But even if the Slovak misses out in Paris, he’s still set for a nice bonus as he prepares to collect on a pre-race bet made with Team Liquigas president Paolo Zani.

In the days before the race started in Liège, Sagan asked Zani whether he would give him a car if he could win the green jersey in Paris. OK, Zani said, but to claim it you also have to win two stages. With three in the bag, all Sagan now has to do is cross the finishing line in Paris in green to collect the Porsche that Zani put up as an incentive to the Slovak sensation.

Well , he deserves it.

I dont mind it when the celebrate going over the finish line, its the guys that start celebrating over the last 1km that breaks my ballzzzz!

I wonder if Sagan is thinking of a stage win in paris tomorrow.....

Although Cavendish should take it i'm sure he'll try

I wonder if Sagan is thinking of a stage win in paris tomorrow.....

Although Cavendish should take it i'm sure he'll try

I am sure he will - even though it does not really suite him, but it will make things exciting !!

Haters gonna hate - Let the guy just ride he is cool in the tour and doing his country proud what a boy all we have is Darrel - think until we can put some riders in the tour we should not comment -

Wish him a bright future and hope people do not ask questions, if he dopes he will get caught like everyone else until then leave the riders

Final tally and it pretty much wraps up as 'Hero'... Now onto the public stoning of all those naysayers who said he couldn't win green in his first tour.

Hands up and form a line....

Final tally and it pretty much wraps up as 'Hero'... Now onto the public stoning of all those naysayers who said he couldn't win green in his first tour.

Hands up and form a line....

Looks like it was a no contest - well done Sagan !!

Final Points Standings

1. Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale 421pts

2. André Greipel (Ger) Lotto Belisol Team 280

3. Matthew Harley Goss (Aus) Orica GreenEdge 268

4. Mark Cavendish (GBr) Sky Procycling 220

5. Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Sky Procycling --