Fastest on the Hub

Ge4orce

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really want to compare your speed, join Strava.

:thumbup:

The only way I seem to be KOM at something is If I create my own KOM somewhere remote, hehe. Although at the same time Its nice to ride some hills and see the grades, also to find some catagorised climbs and see you you do on them.

I think I was 8th up Kloofnek a year or so ago (last time I was fit)

and Held the KOM for the first steep climb of Knysna 85km mtb race, but that was because I rode my Roadbike up there. Kevin Evans then spoilt that for me when he went faster on his MTB :blush:

we all dream hey :P as long as we dont take ourselves to serious

Had a look and had to go back to 2005 to find my best times and highest average speeds

OFM Classic 107km = 2:56, 36.3 ave

Hyper to Hyper 100 km = 2:40, 37.41 ave

Ride for sight 118km = 3:18, 35.61 ave

That was the best year and from there on it only became slower

Still enjoy the riding and racing

also - what disciplines? velouria is pretty quick @ the super long stuff like transb, etc

Yip, that Velouria chap has good speed :thumbup:

Don't confuse stupidity for speed - I have loads of the former, and not much of the latter :P

Many many years back I managed the "Fast One" (108km) in 2:28 odd.

Was riding in Vets 35-40 with Mighty Mouse, the Beneke brothers, Koning Jacobs, etc in the bunch. I managed to stick with them till the 50km mark (where the avg at that stage was just under 48km/h). They then upped the pace a bit, spat me out the back, and disapeared down the road. :whistling: That was when I realised I'm not really good at cycling at all. :blush:

At one stage the bunch overtook a truck at about 70km/h. I was actually spinning out in my 53/11 combo. All the while, the real cyclists infront was having a lekka chat with each other.

edit: typo

Edited by Wannabe

I hit 75km/h on the Argus........down the back of Chappies......with the wind behind me :thumbup:

I'm also on the same page, I got strong legs but am held up by my weight. At 1.9m and 94.7kg, it requires a huge effort to climb fast. Trying to drop the kilo's which will in turn make me faster automatically.

Not fast at all, did my first Argus at 4h30m by only recreational cycles as training. Hoping to crack into the sub 4 hour soon.

Edited by Soggy

Many many years back I managed the "Fast One" (108km) in 2:28 odd.

Was riding in Vets 35-40 with Mighty Mouse, the Beneke brothers, Koning Jacobs, etc in the bunch. I managed to stick with them till the 50km mark (where the avg at that stage was just under 48km/h). They then upped the pace a bit, spat me out the back, and disapeared down the road. :whistling: That was when I realised I'm not really good at cycling at all. :blush:

At one stage the bunch overtook a truck at about 70km/h. I was actually spinning out in my 53/11 combo. All the while, the real cyclists infront was having a lekka chat with each other.

edit: typo

Unfortunately results aren't kept indefinitely on the seeding site... But years back my seeding got insanely "bumped up" by my piloting a tandem for a certain visually impaired cyclist who went on to the paralympics... Was one hell of a rush when our bunch had to leave the tar to get around some elites who had crashed. Top speed was something a little shy of insane.

These days I need an engine to reach those speeds ;-P

hehe. still very green but few things was as much fun freewheeling a trancex on skinny tyres downhill in the Argus past all the road bikes :D Reached mid 70's if I remember correctly. I do remember my son's eyes popping out of his head when I showed him the max speed on my trip computer :D

You're only as fast as the wheel in front of you... :blush:

I can pedal a bit... you may be able to find some cred on my blog :ph34r:

Time to go for a ride this pm to get fit again. Used to be fairly fast.

I did a sub 3 Argus this year, 2:72.

Edited by Let's Ride

Time to go for a ride this pm to get fit again. Used to be fairly fast. I did a sub 3 Argus this year, 2:72.

well done on your 1:132!